Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC chances honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC chances  (Read 4674 times)

itsjustme

NUPOC chances
« on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:49 »
I am just wondering if I have a chance of getting into NUPOC.  I am a freshman at South Dakota School of Mines majoring in chemical engineering.  I got a 4.0 my first semester.  I am on the Robotics and ChemCar teams.  I don't know if my school is competitive enough to give me a shot at the program.  I assume that I can start the appliction process this summer after completion of my freshman year?  Any suggestions for anything that I should be doing now to make my application look better?

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: NUPOC chances
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:26 »
I am just wondering if I have a chance of getting into NUPOC.  I am a freshman at South Dakota School of Mines majoring in chemical engineering.  I got a 4.0 my first semester.  I am on the Robotics and ChemCar teams.  I don't know if my school is competitive enough to give me a shot at the program.  I assume that I can start the appliction process this summer after completion of my freshman year?  Any suggestions for anything that I should be doing now to make my application look better?
Your school is good enough.
Contact an officer recruiter and apply. 
To make your application look better, continue to get good grades as you progress through your higher level classes.

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Neutron_Dodger

Re: NUPOC chances
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:45 »
You should make NUPOC no prob.  As a ChemE maj, brush up on your first year calculus/physics before your nuke interview.  If you don't tank any classes and don't have any drug/alcohol problems you should be fine.  NUPOC is one of the best programs in the Navy...enjoy!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?