Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Finding a recruiter

Author Topic: Finding a recruiter  (Read 3974 times)

Offline WINSTEW

• Very Lite User
Finding a recruiter
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:49 »
I just finished up my schooling and am looking to finally get into the industry. I understand I have to start in the AUX or NLO position for the operations side of the house but my problem is finding a way in. I have gone to all the sites for the plants in my area and all of them direct me to an online job page which is great but none seem to have the basic NLO or AUX positions. I know one of the plants in Region I are looking to fill a class up. I have my resume in with DZ and Bartlett but I am kind of looking for something more permanent. Does anyone have a recruiter or headhunter that they can share?

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Finding a recruiter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:09 »
I'm kinda partial to this one myself: http://www.nukeworker.com/job/ .   8)
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010, 09:02 by Nuclear NASCAR »
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline WINSTEW

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:19 »
HA HA yea I have my resume on there as well, but it just seems like places don't advertise for their NLO positions. Am I wrong?

Offline Neutron_Herder

• SRO / STA
  • Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:50 »
They don't really "advertise", they don't need to.  They do post them on their respective websites in the careers section, as well as on the job board here.

The jobs typically aren't open for very long, because they get a ton of applicants for each position.  My advice is pick your locations (note the plural) and check the websites at least daily.  Set up an account in the careers section for the companies you're interested in beforehand.  That way when a job opens up you just have to press the "apply" button.  They also say that they search the profiles, but I have never gotten a call from a company without first applying for a job.

Keep in mind that the narrower your selection of location, the longer it's probably going to take to find a suitable job...  Unless you get lucky.

When I was looking I would spend a couple of hours a day scouring the different company's sites to see what opened up that day.  It can be a trying process; just stick with it and practice the POSS exam while you're waiting!

Good luck!

N_H
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010, 07:10 by Neutron_Herder »
"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking" - Gen. George S. Patton

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:43 »
PM me to start a dialogue about your qualifications/background and if it  checks out, I could deliver your resume to the exelon recruiter in the NE.

Offline WINSTEW

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:41 »
PM sent

Offline daveyj308846

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 11:40 »
Anyone know of a recruiter for Constellation in MD. I have my resume in with Bartlett also. Thanks.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?