Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview questions? Any suggestions?  

Author Topic: Interview questions? Any suggestions?  (Read 9176 times)

ericpratt13

Interview questions? Any suggestions?
« on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:34 »
I have an interview with Exelon for an AO position and know they utilize the STAR system but was wondering if anyone has had an interview with them and what questions they were asked.

Any other advice is welcome as well!

JustinHEMI05

Re: Interview questions? Any suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:28 »
Unfortunately you aren't going to find a list of questions used in every interview. That would make it too easy.

However, have at least 5 personal anecdotes from your past that illustrate your ability to lead a team, resolve conflict among peers and subordinates, deal with issues with your supervisors, adapt to a rapidly changing event, and even a time when you failed and how you internalized your lessons learned to ensure it never happened again.

Hope that helps.

Justin
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2010, 01:28 by JustinHEMI »

IPREGEN

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:36 »
They, like much of the corp world these days use the Behavioral Event Interview - BEI process (STAR)
 here is a link to what Bell South suggests as a study guide. Technical and practical knowledge is still required but the STAR interview sees how you apply yourself in various situations

What was the Situation in which you were involved?
What was the Task you needed to accomplish?
What Action(s) did you take?
What Results did you achieve?

http://www.asisvcs.com/bellsouth/pdf/710057.pdf

Good luck

ericpratt13

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2010, 03:04 »
Thanks.  I wasn't looking for the exact questions by any means. I just wanted an idea of what kind of questions to be prepared for.

Mutant - luckily I know all of those answers... ;D

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:41 »
Here are a few questions that I recall from my interview:

What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favorite color?

What is the capital of Assyria?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:59 »
Have some questions of your own prepared.

Bring extra copies of your resume.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?