Career Path > Money Matters

Health Insurance???

<< < (3/3)

RADBASTARD:
Dave,
Did you check out or get this plan I was curious and what do you think of it?
RADBASTARD

HydroDave63:
No I didnt, I already have something through work, but was fishing to see if anyone else had inquired or purchased it.

blu_lite:
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  I'm in my late 40s, and my personal (non-group) health insurance (with Assurance) just went up to $415/month.  That's a 50% increase from the original cost on the second anniversary of my policy.  I have a $1500 deductable.  I don't have any major health problems.  Decent health insurance is expensive.  Lousy health insurance will bankrupt you if you have anything major happen.  READ THE FINE PRINT IN THE POLICY.  You generally have 10 days or so to decide if you want to keep it.

My advice is to apply for several policies at the same time.  You may be turned down for surprising reasons (I was turned down for having marriage counseling).  Try to get copies of the plans so you can evaluate them beforehand.  Look carefully at the coverage limits and exclusions, also the prescription drug plan (if any).

Has anything more happened regarding NukeWorker getting a group policy?  I'd seriously like to decrease my costs, but at least what I have now is portable.

Susan G

--- Quote from: RadBastard on Jun 29, 2005, 12:53 ---I did find a pretty good one today I am thinking about.

http://www.ushealthcareplans.com
They had a good family rateS at $165 a month and it won't go up for as long as you have it I was told.
There's a $125 ENROLLMENT FEE.

They have higher family plans for $272.50 and 349.50 depends on what you want,They seem reasonable.

Single plans for $87.50 - $109.45

<snip>

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version