Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bradley A. Oliver

Author Topic: Bradley A. Oliver  (Read 13818 times)

irishfan

Bradley A. Oliver
« on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:48 »
  Brad lost his battle to cancer tonight.  He passed away at 8:01 pm.
He was resting peacfully at the Hospice Cottage in Petoskey Michigan
with his sister Cindy and brother-in-law John at his side and holding his
hands.
  He was a very special person and we have lost a great friend and
co-worker.
  God bless your heart Brad!
Love,
Cathy and Joe Borths

Brads sister has gotten back to me with a memorial for him on Saturday 1/30/10
from 2-4 pm at the Brown, Butz, Diedring Funeral home in Anderson Ind.  She askes in lieu of flowers if people would like
to make a donation to the Little Traverse Bay Hospice Cottage.  You can do that at: www.hospiceltb.org. Giving tab on top right of the page.  Thank you for the memories and thoughts of Brad.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010, 03:58 by irishfan »

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
Re: Bradley A. Oliver
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:50 »
 Brad lost his battle to cancer tonight.  He passed away at 8:01 pm.
He was resting peacfully at the Hospice Cottage in Petoskey Michigan
with his sister Cindy and brother-in-law John at his side and holding his
hands.
  He was a very special person and we have lost a great frind and
co-worker.  When his sisiter gets back to me about a memorial service
I will post more info.
  God bless your heart Brad!
Love,
Cathy and Joe Borths

That is sad, Cathy.  Miss you all at SONGS already.  Best memories of Brad.

longbow55

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 12:08 »
The world has lost a good man. Brad was always quiet and unimposing. I saw him last a couple of years ago and he was the same as when I saw him fifteen years prior. He was a great co-worker and always reliable. I enjoyed his wit and sly sense of humor. We are sorry for your loss.

Offline radwaste44

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:13 »
I remember Brad from Big Rock he was one of the good ones. R.I.P. Brad

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2010, 11:33 »
I met Brad at Big Rock.  What a great guy.  I often wonder how the chipmunks survived without his daily feedings.  Bless you Brad... I'm sure all the chipmunks in heaven are so happy you're with them.  RIP my friend.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2010, 04:46 »
Well that sucks.....Brad was top notch.  He was one my "abusive" sr. techs that trained me when I was starting out, always willing to help you out in any way he could, and funny as all hell.  I'm glad I got to see him this last outage at CGS.... I just didn't realize it would be the last time.  Rest in peace old friend.  See ya on the other side.
Mark

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2010, 04:55 »
Cathy, our thoughts are with you in this time.  Brad was one of the good guys, never complaining.  We didn't even know he was sick until just recently, even though we had worked with him at Susquehanna last spring.  He will be sorely missed.
                                                                           Bill and Debbie
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2010, 06:12 »
Cathy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Spanky McFarlin
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2010, 07:33 »
Brad was awesome to work with, and funny too.  Did I mention smart?  Anyway, I'm sorry he's gone.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:37 »
I always enjoyed working with Brad, have off and on for nearly 20 years now and most of my outages in the past 4 years or so. It was always particularly uplifting for me to walk into the first day of work and see that Brad was there too. I will miss him.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline martin meyer

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2010, 07:37 »
I worked with Brad at Big Rock Point several years back. We where teamed on one project for 6 to 7 months.

I remember Brad as a funny, helpful, generous and kind man.

He was down to earth. And yea, he was really smart!

This is the Brad I'll alway remember.

Marty Meyer
Martin Meyer

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2010, 01:11 »
I worked with Brad at Salem, a long time ago. He was a very good tech. and a very good friend! Brad was really one of the good ones!!!!!!!! My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.p Booth old school RP!!!

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:28 »
Brad will be missed, but, not forgotten...I have had the privilege to spend a great
deal of time around him the last few years (Diablo, Columbia, Songs).  He was camped
next to me at Columbia, so we got to visit a lot, when I saw him a couple months later
here in Cali, I knew something was wrong, he had lost a bunch of weight, etc...A few
weeks later he got the news, but, was up-beat as one could be.  I talked to him and wished him well
just before he left, sad to know what was ahead.  Rest in peace my friend...

brownchik

« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2010, 09:18 »
Had the privilege of meeting/working with Brad five plus years ago @ DC Cook we worked the aux building together. Very gentle,funny man Brad you will definitely be missed.....

Offline mitch

• Very Lite User
  • I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Brad Oliver passed away Tuesday 1/19/10
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2010, 06:30 »
Brad Oliver passed away Tuesday evening in Indiana. He had cancer for sometime and he had been in a medically induced coma for 2 days.  To my knowledge at this time he will be cremated and no services are planned at his request.  He leaves behind his daughter MerRanda, her husband Ronnie, 2 granddaughters and a sister or two.  I hadn't talked to Brad since he left Arizona in 1999 or around there and he and Glenda divorced.
   Please let others know I was informed that sometime over the last year, Brad did accept the Lord as his personal saviour and was just ready to go home! Please do not contact Glenda during her time of mourning. Please keep her and her family in prayer.

inthelight

« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2010, 04:28 »
So very saddened to hear the news about Brad's passing.  He was a mentor to me in my early nuke days, and a great friend to our family.  He touched a lot of lives and I know he will be missed terribly. 

His family and friends are in my prayers.

1mackdaddy

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2010, 12:15 »
Had the privlege of working, fishing, "lots of drinks" and just plain being around one of the finest, smartest RPTs I have ever known. Was able to help out a friend in need during his final days. Brad was still the same "ol brad" up too his last few days with practical jokes, cocktails and smokes, god bless him for being able to enjoy the small things in life that made him who he was that we all loved.
Well all miss ya at work and happy hour !

Scott and Linda

Offline Radstalker

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2010, 08:26 »
Rest with the Angels, Brad.......

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2010, 10:56 »
I have known Brad for a long time, last worked with him at Cooper. we worked the BOP and had a blast. May god bless your soul.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Aug 01, 2010, 11:22 »
I just read that Brad had lost his battle; I am sorry for the late post but wanted to say my prayers are with family and friends even though so much time has passed I am sure they are still in need.

irishfan

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 03:42 »
Yesterday would have been Brads Birthday.  Miss you my friend.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?