Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu OralBoard Help for HPT/RCT

Author Topic: OralBoard Help for HPT/RCT  (Read 7492 times)

Ninja85

OralBoard Help for HPT/RCT
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:26 »
Hi everyone! I know I accidentally put this in the HPT part of the forum as well. Sorry!

I am a JR HPT at Hanford and have my first Oral Board coming up this week.

They are conducting Oral Boards all the time now to accommodate the new hires as well as almost all contract techs. So any Oral Board advice would help myself and allot of New techs out here at Hanford. So Please help us if you can.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: OralBoard Help for HPT/RCT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:21 »
Hi everyone! I know I accidentally put this in the HPT part of the forum as well. Sorry!

They are conducting Oral Boards all the time now to accommodate the new hires as well as almost all contract techs. So any Oral Board advice would help myself and allot of New techs out here at Hanford. So Please help us if you can.

Are they giving you plenty of practice oral boards before you go for a real one?  Do as many practice ones as you can...it will definitely help if you have heard questions from a variety of people, so don't just practice with one trainer.  Have all the seniors you are working with quiz you, too.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:02 »
Are they giving you plenty of practice oral boards before you go for a real one?  Do as many practice ones as you can...it will definitely help if you have heard questions from a variety of people, so don't just practice with one trainer.  Have all the seniors you are working with quiz you, too.

That's it. Know you material, but nothing replaces experience here. I failed my first board back in 90' over a very small oversight on my part. They let me continue the scenario for over an hour and then failed me on something small. Practice is the best way to prepare for an oral.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Oral Boards!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:11 »
Hi everyone!

The most important thing to remember about oral boards is that you get to ask questions, too. If you don't understand a question ask for clarification. If you need a reference (e.g. a procedure, manual, survey map, etc.) ask for it. Use the procedures and any other information available. Think about your answer before you start to talk. Answer ONLY the question asked. When you have finished the answer, stop talking. <---------- VERY important! If anyone asks you when it is OK to violate or ignore steps in a procedure, the answer is NEVER! Always include safety concerns in your answer. Above all... Relax! If you are in a panic, it won't matter what you know.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:18 »

It's OK. I'll remove the other.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010, 08:18 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

jowlman

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:22 »
One little trick to use on boards is, if they ask you a question that you don't know the answer, ask for clarification to lead them to an answer that you do know. Example they ask you question xxxxxxxx, you say I not sure what you are asking, do you mean yyyyyyyyy. That way you are showing your knowledge.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:26 »

You have mail  :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?