Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Thank you ALL & I'm excited honeypot

Author Topic: Thank you ALL & I'm excited  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Jester

• Light User
  • Potential Nuke
Thank you ALL & I'm excited
« on: Jan 28, 2010, 11:50 »
Just got back from MEPS a couple hours ago (EXTREMELY tired right now) but I want to thank you all for the information you've provided on this website that helped me learn about and subsequently pick the nuke path.

I'm still waiting for a tattoo waiver and my college transcripts, but I passed everything just fine (To brag a bit: my AFQT score was 99 and NUC line score was 285), and I'll likely be swearing in within a couple weeks.

I'll be sure to keep a blog or something about all the events that occur in my path through the Navy, to help out the newbies on the site. Anyways, thanks to you all, I wouldn't be NEARLY as prepared as I am without this site! Keep me in your thoughts, my friends, as I prepare (to wait) for basic training.
Potential Nuke - Help me learn!

Offline Fast Neutron

• Light User
Re: Thank you ALL & I'm excited
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2010, 12:00 »
Gratz

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2010, 12:15 »
Congratulations! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Maziwrath

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2010, 11:35 »
I just finished Power School last week. Good luck. Just remember that it isn't that bad. If you go into it hating it, it will be a lot harder. Just pay attention, do what you're told, and you'll do fine.

Offline Jester

• Light User
  • Potential Nuke
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2010, 06:02 »
I'm actually really excited for everything I'll have to do. Basic training, A-school, and NNPS, and prototype all seem relatively fun to me. At least, better than sitting at home with nothing to do!
Potential Nuke - Help me learn!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2010, 08:00 »
Just got back from MEPS a couple hours ago (EXTREMELY tired right now) but I want to thank you all for the information you've provided on this website that helped me learn about and subsequently pick the nuke path.

I'm still waiting for a tattoo waiver and my college transcripts, but I passed everything just fine (To brag a bit: my AFQT score was 99 and NUC line score was 285), and I'll likely be swearing in within a couple weeks.

I'll be sure to keep a blog or something about all the events that occur in my path through the Navy, to help out the newbies on the site. Anyways, thanks to you all, I wouldn't be NEARLY as prepared as I am without this site! Keep me in your thoughts, my friends, as I prepare (to wait) for basic training.

Not trying to shoot down your accomplishment, but just beware that high ASVABs and AFQT Score DO NOT equal success in the pipeline.  I have seen just as many student with similar scores to yours fail out as I have seen students that barely made the cut blow through the pipeline with ease.  Good Job and Welcome to the new chapter of your life.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?