Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Waiver questions regarding Math "failure" in highschool

Author Topic: Waiver questions regarding Math "failure" in highschool  (Read 2710 times)

LP521

Scored an 88 on the ASVAB, went in to sign paperwork for Nuclear, and they noticed on my transcript that I received a 67 in math AB, and a 69 in math B my 10th and 11th grade year of high school. So I filled out the waiver, took a math exam that they administered related to physics, scored 66 correct out of 80 questions overall. I was wondering how likely is it to obtain a waiver for the grades received? Also if they do not grant me the waiver, are there any other options available for me besides choosing another career path? By other options I mean; Am i able to take algebra classes at a community college to make up for the previous grades, ect.

Fermi2

Re: Waiver questions regarding Math "failure" in highschool
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:57 »
It appears you might need an English waiver too.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

Offline BillAllman

• Very Lite User
Re: Waiver questions regarding Math "failure" in highschool
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 02:32 »
  The test you took was the Navy Advanced Placement Test (or maybe its called the NFQT now, not sure) that from my understanding most Nukes get to skip based on ASVAB scores. I scored a 96 but still had to take the NAPT based on a D I received in 9th grade geometry. My score on the test was a 65.

From my understanding from talking to my friend who is a Nuke and through the pipeline and the Nuke Coordinator for my area, if they have you take the Nuke test and you pass then most likely you will get Nuke as long as everything else is fine (Police Background, Health etc).

It may take a little longer for the waiver to go through then other waivers since there is one place Nuke waivers get sent too.  Please note this is just my experience, as Ive been in DEP since august and dont leave till May.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010, 03:42 by BillAllman »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?