Career Path > Tax Q&A

Permanent Positions are Never Temporary for Tax Purposes

<< < (3/3)

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: traveltax on Mar 18, 2016, 11:34 ---It has been 6 years ...... wow. Im still here checking in occasiaonally, but not a lot of tax questions to field  :-\

--- End quote ---

We appreciate it.

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: 61nomad on Mar 18, 2016, 10:16 ---It's been over six years since Joe posted , so I am not sure if he is still listening.  However, I have been a road tech for over 30 years and have never been audited.  (we don't make enough money to bother with)

There is no hard and fast rule.  I would say that 6 months is a lot safer than 2 months, but when you make the majority of your money in one location over a period of five, three, or  even two years the IRS will logically think this is your tax home.  Also, your per diem becomes taxable the moment that you know the job will last longer than one year (tough to prove I know).  It is a good idea to get the one year duration in the offer letter.

Let's not even get into the discussion of whether someone is eligible for taxable per diem. 

--- End quote ---

No, he answered my question last year.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,39358.msg190033.html#msg190033

--- Quote from: traveltax on Mar 18, 2016, 11:34 ---It has been 6 years ...... wow. Im still here checking in occasiaonally, but not a lot of tax questions to field  :-\

--- End quote ---

Glad you still check in. Thanks for all your advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version