Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I don't know if I should be worried
honeypot

Author Topic: I don't know if I should be worried  (Read 2446 times)

srsbsns

I don't know if I should be worried
« on: Oct 16, 2010, 02:01 »
Okay so a few months ago I decided that the Navy was the way I wanted to go. Naturally parents are excited, etc.

Scored a 98 on the ASVAB, and I scored high enough that I don't have to take the Nuke Test.

When I was at MEPS I admitted to having visited a Psychiatrist one time, and to having tried Marijuana once. However at the end of my day rather than being told to get out I was told I only needed to get a note from the psychiatrist explaining my visit and saying whether i was okay now or not.

This sorta struck me as odd, seeing as I would think that I would need a drug waiver (even if it was a bit over a year ago).

My recruiter seems to think I lied about it at MEPS (the drug thing) and I know I have to write my Security Clearance up to get the Nuke job. Is that experimental use going to require a waiver, or am I just overworrying about everything?

Offline Estis

• Light User
Re: I don't know if I should be worried
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2010, 02:41 »
I'm a little confused on what you are asking here. Are you asking if experimental-level marijuana usage requires a waiver? Or are you asking about the psychiatrist note?

In regards to the marijuana usage, I believe that even experimental usage will require a waiver or at least some kind of paperwork documenting it. Personally, I tried marijuana twice and told my recruiter about it before I went to meps. I had to write a handwritten statement and speak to the XO of the Naval Recruiting District over the phone about my usage. That was it for all the paperwork from my end. Hope that helps...

If you are asking about the psychiatry stuff, I don't know much about it, so I can't help you there...
Note: I am currently a NUB, therefore, take all answers/replies/opinions with the grain of salt it deserves

srsbsns

Re: I don't know if I should be worried
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2010, 03:03 »
I just called the main recruiter at my station.

Thankfully he said that he's been looking into it for me before I told him and that I wouldn't need a waiver for this incident since it wasn't even a red flag at MEPS. The psych paperwork was taken care of and I got a note from the doctor saying he saw absolutely nothing wrong with me and thought I'd be more than fit for the Navy.

Looks like a lot of worrying over nothing. Moderators or Admins could lock or delete this thread. Lesson learned, honesty is what gets you places :D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?