Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The Industry MUst Be Getting Desperate

Author Topic: The Industry MUst Be Getting Desperate  (Read 15667 times)

Fermi2

The Industry MUst Be Getting Desperate
« on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:04 »
I've received 14 emails from around the country in the last 4 days asking if I'm interested in interviewing for various jobs. A couple of them look decent. Industry is really opening up right now I guess!

JustinHEMI05

Re: The Industry MUst Be Getting Desperate
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:31 »
Having options is a good thing.  8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2010, 01:43 »
I've received 14 emails from around the country in the last 4 days asking if I'm interested in interviewing for various jobs. A couple of them look decent. Industry is really opening up right now I guess!

Could you be a little more specific on what types of jobs?. Also, you might want to pay attention to capitalization on Forum topics. Right now I wouldn't let you change the marquee sign at Arby's.....  :P

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:06 »
Could you be a little more specific on what types of jobs?. Also, you might want to pay attention to capitalization on Forum topics. Right now I wouldn't let you change the marquee sign at Arby's.....  :P

Ouch!! I bet that one stings!!!   ;)

cruzcampo

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2010, 12:10 »

The amount of awesome in this post is more than my laptop could handle.  For some reason, I have weird lights blinking everywhere in my house and all my clocks are stuck at 42. 

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:08 »

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2010, 03:56 »

I think there may have been a Subliminal message attached..... ::)

The Competition is Getting Tuff!

Check this out, the NEW and IMPROVED Qualification Criteria..."DESIRABLE"..... ;)

Other Desirable Qualifications: (Complete if there is no name (s) specified) Professional certification (e.g., Certified Safety Professional), while not required, is highly desirable.
BA/BS degree in Safety, Health or related field is desired but not required.
Candidates must possess good communication (verbal and written) skills.
Previous experience at Hanford is desirable

Based on that criteria, the guy updating the marquee at Arby's, outside the gate has a pretty good shot!

It will only get better.....RG!    ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2010, 04:55 by RAD-GHOST »

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:07 »
LOL GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

mkeppler88

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2010, 11:50 »
Well, I don't get out for awhile (EM2) I want to be an NLO-RO-SRO or at least that is the plan, BZ says there are lots of jobs out there however, when I go on monster I cant find any postings for NLO positions. I wanna work at DIABLO CANYON when I get out and they are ran by PG&E. Any one have any advice on finding the job, or any knowledge of Diablo Canyon?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2010, 12:00 »
Well, I don't get out for awhile (EM2) I want to be an NLO-RO-SRO or at least that is the plan, BZ says there are lots of jobs out there however, when I go on monster I cant find any postings for NLO positions. I wanna work at DIABLO CANYON when I get out and they are ran by PG&E. Any one have any advice on finding the job, or any knowledge of Diablo Canyon?

http://www.pge.com/about/careers/

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2010, 12:09 »

It is a good idea to show up independently wealthy as a new hire, so that one can afford a $180K used double wide such as http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/91-Via-San-Carlos_Paso-Robles_CA_93446_1114343087  which is 3x your starting pay.

Yes, it is a nice plant. How about reposting your question in the correct Region IV thread so we can get the thread back on topic  :)

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:19 »
Mike,
You going for Plant Manager or Site VP?
LM

Fermi2

« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:10 »
Next stop. Classroom instructor, full time. I don't really want to do anything except teach.

I would be a great plant manager though.

Mikey

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:30 »
The proofs in the pudding on that Big Mike, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall with you teaching.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:49 »
The proofs in the pudding on that Big Mike, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall with you teaching.

We'd make a mint selling audio books of "Welcome Back, Broadzilla" or his first day of SRO class intro speech...

ddm502001

« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2010, 09:10 »
Based on my own plant the retirement scare is setting in, most of the NLOs' in my ops group are over 30 with a third over 50, two Ops (1NLO and 1RO) union members have already stepped out with a few more in the works.  Over the next five to ten years over half of the existing staffs will be eligible or gone US wide.  Management put no stock in it until the exodus began and others began looking at their plans.

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2010, 11:24 »

Well between the 4 letter words something might actually get taught!

Dave, when my wife saw what you posted she said HEY he knows you!

Xenon_Free

« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:34 »
Okay, I'll bite.  Why Mike, would you post that "The Industry MUst Be Getting Desperate" and then go on to say how many job offers you've had.  Shouldn't it be "The Industry MUst finally Be Waking Up And Recognizing My True Worth?" :P  Desperate would imply you're the last resort - not the first.  I got nothing but love and respect for ya but that was just too easy.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:46 »
Broadzilla on the Job!!!

Fermi2

« Reply #19 on: Feb 27, 2010, 08:08 »
Okay, I'll bite.  Why Mike, would you post that "The Industry MUst Be Getting Desperate" and then go on to say how many job offers you've had.  Shouldn't it be "The Industry MUst finally Be Waking Up And Recognizing My True Worth?" :P  Desperate would imply you're the last resort - not the first.  I got nothing but love and respect for ya but that was just too easy.

LMAO Xenon and nukeman. Rock on my friends!

12RPilot

« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2010, 09:44 »
I heard one plant hired an over-the-hill I&C tech from a Goodyear tire factory and another plant interviewed a mechanic from Briggs & Stratton. They must be desperate!!

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2010, 06:15 »
I heard one plant hired an over-the-hill I&C tech from a Goodyear tire factory

As long as they don't hire techs from an airline (shudder), they should be safe.
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 05, 2010, 09:11 »
As long as they don't hire techs from an airline (shudder), they should be safe.

Interesting you should say that, remember the air traffic controllers strike? Guess where some of them ended up when Reagan fired them.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #23 on: Mar 05, 2010, 02:39 »
Interesting you should say that, remember the air traffic controllers strike? Guess where some of them ended up when Reagan fired them.

Oh yeah, I've met some of those guys.... :)

The ones I've met didn't turn out too bad.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Fermi2

« Reply #24 on: Mar 05, 2010, 07:11 »
They aren't airline techs. They were Air Traffic Controllers, quite a different animal.

I know at my old plant we'd get all sorts of OE from the airline industry and YES they're SCARY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?