Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO pay at FERMI and PERRY
honeypot

Author Topic: SRO pay at FERMI and PERRY  (Read 13782 times)

Redmanatou

SRO pay at FERMI and PERRY
« on: Feb 14, 2010, 02:06 »
I'm a Navy EOOW looking at SRO near northern Ohio.  I've heard through a friend that the plants near Braidwood pay $125K in quals (not sure what % of cert bonus that is), but haven't found any pay figures for Fermi or Perry.  Can anyone give me an idea of what SRO pay is at Fermi or Perry both in quals and when certified?  I've looked around the forum and don't think I'm repeating any threads.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: SRO pay at FERMI and PERRY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2010, 02:32 »
I can't give you specifics regarding the Braidwood, Fermi, or Perry areas.  I can however point to some threads that cover the subject a bit.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=16834.0

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=16343.0

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=10775.0

As to Fermi specifically, PM Broadzilla after looking through the threads above.  He has worked there and can give you an idea as to specifics for that plant.  He is also a good source of info and extremely helpful, once you get past the Red Foreman-like exterior.  :P  ;)
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2010, 02:52 »
Your friend is FOS.

Mike

Offline Nuke Dave

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2010, 05:18 »
I work at a plant in Michigan close to fairly close to Braidwood and know people there and I would agree with Broadzilla, your friend is FOS.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:08 »
A plant very close to Braidwood is paying >125k for the first year ILT.  Things like sign-on, relocation, training bonus, etc must be taken into account.  Seems that Exelon pays disproportionately higher than other companies...

With the attrition at Axe-A-Lot , I can see why  ;)

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:33 »
Sign on and relocation don't count. They're one time deals.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:20 »
LMAO I love threads like these.

Thanks guys.  8)

Hey Mell, I am not sure they told you yet, but exelon cut AIP by 50% for next year. Gotta tighten the belt in these tough times. :) Oh, and don't forget the 401K cut.  8)

Also, don't forget you are talking about instant SROs. In that case, yes, Exelon does start them out pretty well compared to say, the Navy. However, as you will soon find out, where Exelon falls short, is paying to recruit and retain experienced talent. There is a high turnover at Exelon plants for a reason... the other plants that don't placate to instant SROs are paying premiums for experienced talent.

I can't wait until I am considered experienced talent.  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2010, 12:27 by JustinHEMI »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:33 »
 Do you have any clue how big that A4W plant was??

I'm sure someone in this thread has seen more MW output through the ADV than your lil ol paddlewheeler...  :P

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2010, 03:14 »
Oh Justin you are so confused!  What you mean, my PPWS is not talented experience?  Was I not recruited and retained?  Do you have any clue how big that A4W plant was???

That felt good...

Congratulations on being called up to the Big Leagues. I have a clue about the size of the A4W; your Main Engines are about the size of a standard W 3411 MWt Main Feed Pump. Our decay heat load is your underway steaming power.

Just in case you didn't ask these questions, anyone else in your facing your position should ask questions during the interview that you sound too smug to ask:
1. How many EOOWs / PPOW / CMC / EDMC / any other useless in commercial nukes have you hired in this type of position in the past 5 years?
2. Of the ones hired over 2.5 years ago, how many have an SRO license at this plant today.
3. What happened to the rest? IL Cannibals?
4. If no one else has been successful, what has changed? Perhaps you think you can overcome a lack of instruction and management support; you will be mistaken.
5. Has the previous low pass rate been formally evaluated (Corrective Action Program)?
6. Since this is such a wonderful job, why isn't there a line of AUOs to become licensed operators and another line of licensed UOs waiting for the opportunity to become SRO?

I hope this is a wake-up call for you; you need it.
While I appreciate your service to our great country, that won't matter one whit when the NRC exams dome down the line.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2010, 04:08 »
Oh Justin you are so confused!  What you mean, my PPWS is not talented experience?  Was I not recruited and retained?  Do you have any clue how big that A4W plant was???

It seems you're the only one to have their AIP cut.  Work harder next year.  ;)  

50% of 0 is still 0 for me...

That felt good...

Sorry shipmate, the whole fleet's AIP has been cut. ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2010, 04:10 by JustinHEMI »

Offline pm79

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:53 »
I am currently an SRO at Braidwood.  I won't make any comments on what it is like working for Exelon since everyone has a different perspective, different pain threshold and different industry experiences, but I will speak to a few comments posted above. 

First, I was in licensing class 2008 and 2009.  I made about 126K in 2008 and 148K in 2009.  2008 included salary, bonuses and license premium.  2009 included salary, bonuses, license premium, ILT milestone bonuses and shift premium. 

Second, saying bonuses were cut in half and 401k company contributions were reduced isn't the whole truth.  More accurately, the multiplier for bonuses was cut in half with the other half available wholly or partially depending on earning per share goals being met.  The 401k contribution was dropped from 5% to 4% guaranteed with up to 6% possible depending on earnings per share goals.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:18 »
I am currently an SRO at Braidwood.  I won't make any comments on what it is like working for Exelon since everyone has a different perspective, different pain threshold and different industry experiences, but I will speak to a few comments posted above.  

First, I was in licensing class 2008 and 2009.  I made about 126K in 2008 and 148K in 2009.  2008 included salary, bonuses and license premium.  2009 included salary, bonuses, license premium, ILT milestone bonuses and shift premium.  

Second, saying bonuses were cut in half and 401k company contributions were reduced isn't the whole truth.  More accurately, the multiplier for bonuses was cut in half with the other half available wholly or partially depending on earning per share goals being met.  The 401k contribution was dropped from 5% to 4% guaranteed with up to 6% possible depending on earnings per share goals.

You're right, thanks for correcting the semantics. You should check the supervisory brief about the 401K again, though, Sheriff. ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2010, 01:19 by JustinHEMI »

Jr8black3

« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2010, 04:58 »
Ive worked both plants.. Perry is not a very dose saving place,, we did things alot different at Fermi.. We did things to make sure folks were focused on their job, Fermi is very close to being top core..lol what that means is they almost have all there people brain washed

Jr8black3

« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2010, 06:54 »
Fermi, is a good place, compared to Perry, Perry is the only Commicial plant I ever quit, that was over 20 years ago..lol from what I've heard things haven't changed

Fermi2

« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2010, 02:02 »
Fermi is an excellent plant with excellent people. A few years back they had a bonehead and unethical VP who to0 the industry's chagrin coined the phrase Nuclear Is Different but they got rid of him.

Mike

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:35 »
Fermi is an excellent plant with excellent people. A few years back they had a bonehead and unethical VP who to0 the industry's chagrin coined the phrase Nuclear Is Different but they got rid of him.

Mike

Mike, you have got to quit holding back, and start saying what you really mean.

And while he may be gone, there's always another bonehead waiting in the wings.
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:42 »
Mike, you have got to quit holding back, and start saying what you really mean.

And while he may be gone, there's always another bonehead waiting in the wings.

IRL, well I'm doing well on graduation from my legendary introversion :)

I know but that particular brand of idiot got under my skin. In a 30 minute talk about teamwork he used the word I 257 times. That's over 8 times a minute. Unfortunately I'm dealing with an individual now who loves the sound of his voice entirely too much.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?