Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Alemeda Naval Air Station honeypot

Author Topic: Alemeda Naval Air Station  (Read 4603 times)

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Alemeda Naval Air Station
« on: Feb 18, 2010, 12:21 »
I am considering for putting in for the job at Alemeda does any one have any comments about work going on there. Has any one worked there? Places to stay while working there?  Cost of living?  Any information would be helpful before I try and jump on that band wagon.

Content1

Re: Alemeda Naval Air Station
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:01 »
I am considering for putting in for the job at Alemeda does any one have any comments about work going on there. Has any one worked there? Places to stay while working there?  Cost of living?  Any information would be helpful before I try and jump on that band wagon.

I live near there.  It is one of the most expensive areas in the country, and in CA to boot.   Just as a point of reference, Alameda Naval Air Station is where Commander Chekov went searching for in Star Trek 4, it was the place where they kept the Nuclear "Wessels."

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:46 »
Bump....

Offline hrdwrkndgs

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2010, 09:18 »
I had seen the job posting a few days ago but it seemed to disappear.  Staffed???

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2010, 09:52 »
I live near there.  It is one of the most expensive areas in the country, and in CA to boot.   Just as a point of reference, Alameda Naval Air Station is where Commander Chekov went searching for in Star Trek 4, it was the place where they kept the Nuclear "Wessels."
Actually, the exterior shot was of the USS Carl Vinson in San Diego (Coronado, was there during filming), and the interior shots of the engine room were taken inside the USS Ranger.  Don't know about the hanger deck shot.
If you go there, remember that Oakland has its good spots and its very bad spots, similar to East LA.  House of Hunan is a very good chinese restaurant.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?