Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Going to college while in Aux Operator training

Author Topic: Going to college while in Aux Operator training  (Read 4363 times)

Offline JROB

• Light User
Going to college while in Aux Operator training
« on: Feb 26, 2016, 10:52 »
Does anyone has any advice about finishing an online degree, during the first year or so, as an Aux Operator in training?

I plan on finishing it before I have a chance at a license, but would prefer to knock it out sooner rather than later. I was planning on doing it half-time (6-7 credits a semester) until completion, which puts me on track for graduating by next summer. Is this too ambitious? I will have either one or two refuels during that time, which I'm sure will be very rough.

Also, I was told by a shift manager, at the site I will be working at, that this would possibly allow me to go into SRO vice RO (if and when that time comes). Is this accurate? The degree is a B.S. in Nuclear Engineering Technology.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Going to college while in Aux Operator training
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2016, 11:47 »
check your PMs

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2016, 02:24 »
Yes you can complete it. It depends on how hard you are willing to work. Part of your AO Training involves being on rotating shifts.

Yes it will make you eligible for SRO Training. My advice, go RO first.

Offline JROB

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2016, 04:43 »
I'm just not sure how much I want to do. I do plan on taking reactor safety fundamentals, calc II, and physics II while in class, as I figure they might complement each other.

Yeah, I feel like being an RO first would make me more successful as an SRO. But, that's a little ways down the road, so when the time comes I'll be able to make a more educated decision.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?