Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I hate to admit this but,.....
honeypot

Author Topic: I hate to admit this but,.....  (Read 89323 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: I hate to admit this but,.....
« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2010, 10:58 »
So Roger, you must be older than dirt? LOL... well if you didn't watch this, what did you watch... please share  :)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2010, 11:43 »
So Roger, you must be older than dirt? LOL... well if you didn't watch this, what did you watch... please share  :)

Not older than all dirt, just older than some.

I watched Rocky & Bullwinkle (before it became The Bullwinkle Show), Merrie Melodies Cartoons on various shows, Captain Kangaroo when I was very young, The Little Rascals, The Mickey Mouse Club, Bozo the Clown, Howdy Doody... I even remember watching Amos & Andy.

By the time HR Puffenstuff and the Banana Splits came along, I wasn't into that stuff (my younger sisters were) but I stayed faithful to Rocky and Bullwinkle and Bugs Bunny for many years.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 09, 2010, 12:31 »
but I stayed faithful to Rocky and Bullwinkle and Bugs Bunny for many years.

I can verify that having attended some of the "Bugs and Brew" parties (early 80s I think) on Saturday mornings after night shift at the house he and others were renting.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 09, 2010, 12:38 »
This thread is dredging up all kinds of memories....... some not so good.  Like having to watch Sonny and Cher, or worse Donny and Marie :o  And I thought I had buried them somewhere soooooooo deep that they would never again haunt me LOL.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2010, 12:39 »
I can verify that having attended some of the "Bugs and Brew" parties (early 80s I think) on Saturday mornings after night shift at the house he and others were renting.

Winter/Spring 1979. Millstone. Good parties. Even started attracting some locals (attractive ones, too!)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

stownsend

« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2010, 01:41 »
My year of birth is 1959.

I hate to admit this but,.....

1959 is starting to look like a long time ago,....
It was a long time ago,a long time ago.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2010, 01:47 »
Winter/Spring 1979. Millstone. Good parties. Even started attracting some locals (attractive ones, too!)

If I remember right Black Point was a summer rental community for vacationers, but then I am surprised anyone at those parties remembers anything.  ;) There was a St Patty's Day party that outage that just about wiped out the HP staff for the next day. If "the road" was like that again there would be more people wanting to travel (alas, fitness for duty prevails).

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: Mar 09, 2010, 04:32 »
If I remember right Black Point was a summer rental community for vacationers, but then I am surprised anyone at those parties remembers anything.  ;) There was a St Patty's Day party that outage that just about wiped out the HP staff for the next day. If "the road" was like that again there would be more people wanting to travel (alas, fitness for duty prevails).

I can still remember waking up to the sound of the phone ringing and realizing immediately that it was dark outside which meant that nightshift had already started... and all four of us in the house were nightshifters. I heard Bob answer the phone, not with "Hello" but with "We'll be right there." If I remember correctly, over 90% of nightshift was either late or absent that night. We were told we couldn't have any more parties... which made for a great laugh at the Bugs 'n' Brew the following Saturday morning. (It was a force of nature. Even if we had cancelled it, the people would have shown up.)

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #33 on: Mar 09, 2010, 06:50 »
You're gonna have to explain to me how this is a bad mamory,....

Clever pun, or Freudian slip?
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Apr 16, 2010, 08:00 »
I hate to admit this but,....

I miss the gong show,.....
[/youtube]

Thanks so much, I cannot get the image of this show out of my head!

LaFeet

« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2010, 11:46 »
My year of birth is 1959.

1959 is starting to look like a long time ago,....

Sorry Marssim.... but 1959 already looks like a long time ago to me and I still feel young.  BTW  I was born in 61.

Carma  Carma  Carma Chameleon to you

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00 »

I'm one of those kids you're mother told you that you did not want to be;

Remember? the ones who used to ride their bikes behind the mosquito truck and play blind bike tag in the billows of DDT fog?!?!?! :P

Our whole neighborhood used to line up to chase the fog truck... nobody knew any better back then.
Funny, most of my neighbors from back then are still alive. Those that passed succumbed to unrelated things...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

LaFeet

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 11:12 »

I'm one of those kids you're mother told you that you did not want to be;

Remember? the ones who used to ride their bikes behind the mosquito truck and play blind bike tag in the billows of DDT fog?!?!?! :P

Yeah  Eglin AFB ..  between 2 and 4 am in the morning on weekends........ and we are still all alive if slighty demented

mostlyharmless

« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:33 »
The mosquito man, playing with mercury,crimping split shot lead sinkers with my teeth t, blowing up gi joe and my big jim action adventure set ( with tent and alligator) with firecrackers, and oh yea, cherry bombs and real m-80s. For less than a dollar you could by a small bomb. And the inevitable taste of leaded gas when siphoning. I'd probably be a lot smarter if it wasn't for the good ole days. Mercury has a distinct smell and is a lot of fun until you drop it in the dirt and cant recover it all.  Aaaaaaah, the environment ,the environment!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:37 »
The mosquito man, playing with mercury,crimping split shot lead sinkers with my teeth t, blowing up gi joe and my big jim action adventure set ( with tent and alligator) with firecrackers, and oh yea, cherry bombs and real m-80s. For less than a dollar you could by a small bomb. And the inevitable taste of leaded gas when siphoning. I'd probably be a lot smarter if it wasn't for the good ole days. Mercury has a distinct smell and is a lot of fun until you drop it in the dirt and cant recover it all.  Aaaaaaah, the environment ,the environment!

It's all Proof of Hormeisis! It only kills the weak cells ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010, 03:15 by HydroDave63 »

twinturbo427

« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2010, 04:13 »
You guys are absolutley killing me!   ...and now I can't get the H.R. PuffnStuff theme out of my head!   

;D     

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #41 on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:57 »
Yes HR Puf N Stuff, I guess there was no FFD back then, The  person who made this had to be on something. HAve to double click since embedded to play on youtube.

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010, 11:00 by thenukeman »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #42 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:29 »
And I was just about to comment on Witchiepoo and the Vulture and who  they remind me of.  Thanks Marssim for the check.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: Jul 09, 2010, 08:37 »
Aw Man Marssim is right, I can't help myself, I am going to self moderate myself and start a new thread in the Gold Member PolySCI section called Marssim is Right/HR Puf n Stuf, I tried I tried I can help it, Go to Poly Sci!! For Marssim is Right/ H R Puf N Stuf Gold Member Section.   :'(    :'(    :'(
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2010, 08:38 by thenukeman »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #44 on: Jul 10, 2010, 11:50 »
Back On Topic!!  8)

I like Disco and KC and the Sunshine band!  Not the Rap Crap of today, or the so called Rock music, Maybe I am a Old Fuddy Duddy!! :'(

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010, 11:50 by thenukeman »

Offline RFleming

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:02 »
I hate to admit this but, I am old enough to have watched the original Monkee's show!

LaFeet

« Reply #46 on: Jul 14, 2010, 05:36 »
I hate to admit this but, I am old enough to have watched the original Monkee's show!

You mean there is a new one on TV now???  Cool

mostlyharmless

« Reply #47 on: Jul 14, 2010, 08:30 »
Take a giant step outside your mind.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #48 on: Jul 15, 2010, 04:32 »
I hate to admit this but;

I am beginning to grow fond of stating "At the turn of the century yadda, yadda, yadda,....", or "In the last century yadda, yadda, yadda,...." or something along those lines,....heheheheheh,....

:P

Which Century would you be talking about................. ;D

By the way, it's also appropriate to use ,"About a Millenium Ago........"

RG... ;)

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #49 on: Jul 15, 2010, 01:59 »
Tra la la, la la la la,
Tra la la, la la la la.

One banana, two banana, three banana, four....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?