Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Is this normal?

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Romanized

• Very Lite User
Is this normal?
« on: Mar 07, 2010, 03:31 »
Hi guys. Great forum you've got here.

For the folks that have been through the testing process I have a question.

I received an email Saturday evening (3/6) to take an exam on Tuesday (3/9) or Wednesday (3/10). It's a shame because I'm not sure I'll make it on such short notice.

I've taken the POSS before for another utility. I got the invitation 2 week prior and and the test was on a Saturday. This makes sense because you think the company wants to attract people who are already gainfully employed, and doing it this way accommodates these folks.

My question: Which way normal? Or are they both?

It's Hatch Nuclear facility if that helps. Thanks

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2010, 03:58 »
Hi guys. Great forum you've got here.

For the folks that have been through the testing process I have a question.

I received an email Saturday evening (3/6) to take an exam on Tuesday (3/9) or Wednesday (3/10). It's a shame because I'm not sure I'll make it on such short notice.

I've taken the POSS before for another utility. I got the invitation 2 week prior and and the test was on a Saturday. This makes sense because you think the company wants to attract people who are already gainfully employed, and doing it this way accommodates these folks.

My question: Which way normal? Or are they both?

It's Hatch Nuclear facility if that helps. Thanks

Ouch!  How do they expect you to change your schedule on that short of notice...let alone be studied up for the POSS?

Good luck!  Hope you can work it out, if that's where you want to be...  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Romanized

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2010, 07:07 »
Thanks. They may say we have a bizillion people applying to this job so take it or leave it. Not sure. I'll reach out them today and see.

GoneFission

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2010, 03:47 »
I was wondering the same thing - I just got a similar email Friday, and my testing is this Thursday.  Luckily my current work schedule is flexible, but I'm sure this isn't the case for many people.

Good luck on rescheduling, I really hope it works out for you.

(By the way, this must not be too unusual, my experience is with a completely different plant and utility.)

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2010, 01:02 »
My guess is there are thousands of people who would kill to have that interview.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:03 »
Palo Verde did that to me twice.  Three or four day notice and I was on the other side of the country gainfully employed.  I would have loved moving back to AZ.
LM

Offline Romanized

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2010, 05:21 »
Thanks for ya'lls encouragement.

Update: I contacted HR and they said they could get my scores from the other utility I tested for. They even talked about possible later exam dates. What a blessing!!! :) I'm really hopeful now that this has happened. I'll let you know what happens.

Offline Romanized

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2010, 07:46 »
Update 2:

The recruiter actually called today to arrange another testing date and even find a closer location to take it! Now that's favor. See you guys. I'll let you know what happens next.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:08 »
Very cool! I am happy it is working out for you!

Offline Romanized

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2010, 06:27 »
Update 3

The recruiter had my scores transferred from my current utility, but alas my score was too low. No worries though. She then arranged a test just for me on a better day and much closer to where I live. Turns out I passed. Now I can start praying for the interview.

Thankfully I had the initiative to ask for a better accommodation.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?