Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DC Cook Lodging  

Author Topic: DC Cook Lodging  (Read 82529 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
DC Cook Lodging
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:42 »
Campground:
Eden Springs Park (House of David) 269-927-3302 -Year Round  (Corner of M-139 & Empire in Benton Harbor)
Shamrock Park 269-473-5691 -Year Round  (9385 US-31 Berrien Springs)
The closest is the Bob-a-Ron Campground 269-469-3894. It is about 2 miles north of Three Oaks, Mi. This is about 12 miles south of the plant.

Furnished Places:
Try Chalets on the Lake, their season for cheapo rentals only goes to mid-May, but they are fully furnished, 2BR for $475 if you can get in.
Chalet on the Lake: 269-429-5285 or 269-465-6365 (5340 Notre Dame Ave; Stevensville, MI) www.chaletonthelake.com

Hotel:
Park Inn 269-429-3218 or 800-637-7275 www.parkinn.com (I-94 Exit 23 - 4290 Red Arrow Hwy. Stevensville)
The Baymont Inn
Hampton Inn
Ramada Inn
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2010, 09:43 by Rennhack »

Offline Framatome Jones

• Light User
  • I love Nuclear Work!
Re: DC Cook Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2004, 04:05 »
 Palisades & DC COOK "SPECIAL OUTAGE RATES"
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cw/1/en/home
Candlewood Suites
Interstate 94 @ exit 23
Call or E-mail: 
Dave Londot Jr
269-428-7440
davelondot@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004, 04:09 by Framatome Jones »

kmikepatel

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:06 »
LAKE BREEZE HOTEL AND CONVENTION CENTERBy: Best Value Inn
2860 M-139 South
EXIT 28 off of I-94
Serving the St. Joseph and Benton Harbor area
269-925- 3234
Email:  kmikepatel@yahoo.com

Join all your friends from the Power Plant here!
Full service bar and restaurant for your convenience

WOW!!!!  Normally $59.95 per day 
Bring your i.d. and stay a week for only $185.00!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????

185.00@ week Full Service Hotel Rooms
Description Next to Ext# 28 off of I-94. Full Service Hotel with American Restaurant/Lounge/Club. Huge Indoor Holidome with Indoor-Outdor Pools,Hot-tub, SPA, Put-put Golf,Ping-pong,Shuffleboard,Game room,Basket-Ball,Piano,Pooltable,Coin operated Washer/Dryer on site or send out service.
FREE IN ROOM = HI-Speed Internet,Local calls,CABLE T.V.with HBO, CINE-MAX,ESPN.
Continenatal Breakfast.
Call for more info at 269-925-3234. We look forward to providing you with the very best in hometown hospitality and excellent guest services.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006, 07:24 by kmikepatel »

chimpate

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2006, 03:50 »
For those of you coming to cook this spring
SUPER 8, MOTEL AT SAWYER
12850 SUPER DRIVE, EXIT-12, I-94 AT SAWYER ROAD
SAWYER, MICHIGAN-49125
TEL 269-426-8300
FAX: 269-426-6500
A newly constructed 61 rooms Super 8 with Free wireless high speed internet in all rooms, Indoor swimming pool,Micro wave and refrigarators in all rooms. Free continental breakfast 6.30A.M. to 10.00 A,m. and  Evening hours if needed for those of you worked in night shieft.Day and night housekeeping. Satellite 25" color TV. jucuzzi Suites. Taxes drop off after first month.TA center at walking distance for good restarants and grocerry.Very reasonable Budget weekly rates specially for nuclear plant outage.
Please reserve your room at 269-426-8300 and tell that you are working at Cook for discount. 

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:44 »
FORMERLY THE CLARION HOTEL

SILVER BEACH HOTEL
100 Main Street
St. Joseph, MI 49085

I stayed there short term while going through the interview process. Definitely on my list of recommended stays (but I didn't know they had such deals on stays > 14 nights!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

remowil55

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:53 »
Payin 225 plus tax at the Sawyer Super 8, in sawyer Mi. i think is exit 12 just off 94 about 7 minutes from the plant, its new and the staff there is great. plus you get free donuts in the morning. Real nice laundry mat down the street 2 blocks also run by good people. Remo

stjoe

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2007, 10:33 »
SILVER BEACH HOTEL
100 Main Street
St. Joseph, MI 49085

Phone: 269-983-7341
Fax: 269-983-0650
Email: silverbeachhotel@comcast.net

RATES...
More than 14 night stay - $35.95 before tax / 1 adult - standard room
7 - 13 night stay - $40.95 before tax / 1 adult - standard room
Less than 7 nights - $45.95 before tax / 1 adult - standard room

ROOM TYPE AVAILABILITY...
There are a limited number or rooms that do come with fridges. These rooms are 1st come, 1st serve so we can not promise or guarantee this room type prior to actual arrival date.

AMENITIES...
Indoor pool, hot tub and sauna, complimentary continental breakfast, High Speed Wireless Internet, Guest Business Center, Guest Laundry, Vending Area, Walk to downtown and local attractions. Walk to restaurants, local entertainment & spirits, local fishing, walk to Silver Beach, 25 minutes to DC Cook and Palisades.

BRING YOUR OWN...
Silver Beach Hotel welcomes all outage guests who would like to bring a compact fridge and / or microwave. These amenities makes the extended stay experience more tolerable for you and understand your need for these items. Hot plates, deep fryers, electric frying pans, grills (of any form), etc are not allowed as these would be potential safety issues to not only yourself but to the other guests of the hotel.

PET POLICY...
Silver Beach Hotel welcomes guests with dogs and cats. There is a 1-time, non-refundable $25.00 pet fee for each pet (limit of 2 pets). Guests with pets will be offered a standard king or a standard double in any of our 2nd and 3rd floor standard room types. Silver Beach Hotel believes in doing our very best to accommodate the needs of all guests who come to stay with us. Guests with or without pets have options to choose from to make their stay an enjoyable one.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2007, 10:55 by stjoe »

chimpate

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2007, 12:49 »
There is a Fall outage at Donald Cook Nuclear Plant at Bridgman , Michigan.
We have 3 motels very near to D.C. Nuclear plant
1: Baymont Inn and Suites, 2601 W. Marquette Woods Road, Exit-23, I-94, Stevensville, MI- 49127
Contact Person : Trushar At 269-428-9111 or Fax 269-428-6774.
100 rooms motel with Ambassador Suites and Specious Business Leisure Rooms,free High speed internet Complimentary Deluxe Breakfast Bar,Offsite Gym/Fitness center free passes. Rooms are specious and great customer services.
Weekly and group discount rates available.
2: Super 8 Motel , 12850 Super Drive, Exit-12, I-94, sawyer Mi-49125
Contact Person: Prakash at 269-426-8300 or Fax 269-426-6500
New,61 rooms motel with Indoor swimming Pool, Continental Breakfast ,Free High speed internet .Weekly rates available.
3; Bridgman Inn : 9999 Red Arrow Highway, Exit-16, I-94 , Bridgman Mi-49106. Closest motel to D.C. Plant.Deluxe rooms at the back side. Weekly rate available. Call Vasant at 269-465-3187.

housing

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2008, 06:31 »
HI,

New to this site.  Have rental property in St. Joe, MI (very close to DC Cook and Pallisades).    We have space starting mid-April for anyone coming in late (or who wants to move from where they are).    How do I find out when future outages are going to happen?     Will there be one this fall?    What is the best way to get the word out about our furnished houses?     One of the houses is seven bedrooms.   What are people typically willing to spend for a NICE place near downtown St. Joe and Silver Beach?

Thanks!

Offline Silver Beach Hotel

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2008, 12:04 »
Silver Beach Hotel
100 Main Street
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
269.983.7341 phone
stjoesilverbeachhotel@comcast.net

Competitive Rates, Full Range of Amenities, Recent Remodel, Safe and Relaxing Location

All of our rooms (kings or two queen) now come with a complimentary refrigerator and microwave as well as brand new pillow top mattresses. 
We've recently upgraded our high speed wireless and as always, we offer a complimentary continental breakfast to accommodate your schedule as a nuclear worker.
Check out our indoor swimming pool with hot tub and sauna, our fitness room and bar!
Our competitive rates include weekly housekeeping.
As always we do welcome pets for a small one time charge.
We are located in the heart of downtown Saint Joseph, north of DC Cook on Business Loop 94.  Walking distance to downtown restaurants, cafes, and bars.

Give us a call today for a rate quote!!! (269) 983-7341

mburr010

« Reply #10 on: Sep 23, 2008, 03:28 »
LOW RATES FOR OUTAGE WORKERS AT COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT!!
Courtyard in Benton Harbor/St. Joe is a newly renovated hotel with a cozy lodge style setting.

Enjoy a hot all you can eat breakfast buffet for a nominal price (flexible hours to meet your schedule)

Indoor/Outdoor Pool, 24HR Market & Business Center. Free High Speed Wireless Internet. New Beds and TVs. Fridges and Microwaves available upon request at no fee.

Many Restaurants, Shopping and Cinema within walking distance.

We are conviently located right off 94. 12 miles to DC Cook and 42 miles Palisades

Contact our Sales Department at 269-925-3000 ext 625 to inquire about rates or to reserve your room. Take a photo tour of our location at www.courtyard.com/sbnbh
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2008, 04:00 by mburr010 »

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:48 »
anyone looking for a place for the dc cook or palisades outage

i have a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath house for rent for the outage.  house is completely furnished.  rent is negotiable.  the house is about 20 minutes from the plant. nice location.  if interested please contact me at the number below.  we are in the nuclear field also and will be doing outage else where.

DALE M  (CELL)     269-369-0922
            (HOME)    269-944-4030

Vickie

« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:30 »
       Cook plant workers! two bedroom house for rent. fifteen minutes from the donald c.cook plant. right off I-94. $200.00 per person. would like a minimum of 4 people. contact david kiser @ 269-926-1834. Benton township area.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2009, 10:33 by Vickie »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2009, 06:09 »
Try the Park Inn, Red Arrow Highway, Cheap!!
Call Before You Dig!

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2009, 02:04 »
I heard the Silverbeach place was a great place to stay. I had friends stay there last outage.  They even take pets and also offered walking service for them. It's not that much further to the plant.  Maybe 5-7 minutes. 8)

Happy Ours Cottage

« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2009, 10:57 »
www.happyourscottage.com

Happy Ours Cottage is located at 222 Brockway in the town of South Haven and embedded in
scenic Southwest Michigan! This tastefully furnished home is located 11/2 blocks (600 ft.) from
sugar, sandy Lake Michigan public access beach & three blocks from downtown South Haven.

Happy-Ours Cottage is a 1800 sq. ft single family home that has four bedrooms and two full baths.
It was built in the 1924 and was one of the original cottages of the north side resort community.
We have made extensive renovations and restorations to capture the feel of relaxation and fun for
your stay in South Haven!

We have a long driveway that can accommodate up to four vehicles. We are located 600 ft. from
Lake Michigan and three city blocks from the downtown area. We have a quiet neighborhood, which
should make your stay a pleasant one. Please look at all our links to view photos of our renovated cottage!

Walk for an hour on the beach or browse thru town with its unique shops and restaurants.
The cottage is located on the exclusive north side of town, approx 1/4 mile from Downtown South Haven.

Go to our website to view pictures, availability calendar, rates and contact information.

Offline affordable housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2009, 01:40 »
NO LEASE!!!   Flexible housing terms for fully furnished apartments, condos and houses within a few miles of DC Cook.  Whether you're staying 1 week or 1 year, call us for that "Home Away From Home."  We focus specifically to workers with DC Cook and Palisades, so we are familiar with the flexibility and housing needs you require.  Amenities include functional and furnished kitchen with microwave, laundry facility on site, and the quiet you need day or night to rest.  Apartments in Bridgman (3 minutes to Cook) and St. Joseph - both walking distance to the beach).

Prices start at $225/week for our fully furnished 1 bedroom units, utilities included.

Call Sara at 269-635-0618 or Scott @ 812-350-4422 to check our rates and availability.  You can also email us at:  wilylandlord@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014, 10:19 by affordable housing »

Cedar Crest

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2009, 03:14 »
DC Cook Workers!!

We have furnished and unfurnished units available @ Cedar Crest Apartments in Stevensville, MI.  Our complex is approximately 5 miles north of Cook.  We also offer flexable lease terms for Cook Employees!

Our spacious furnished units are priced anywhere from $650 to $1000 per month.  That is between $21 and $33 per night.  This is considerably lower than other options in town. Why not have your own furnished apartment instead of a small room?

Furnished units include everything you need to begin living.  Cable and Internet are included as well.  The complex is extremely quiet and ideal for Cook employees.

Please Call Don @ 269 208 6896 to receive a quote or schedule a walk through.  
You can also contact us through our website @

http://www.liveonlakemichigan.net/property/cedar-crest-apartments-stevensville-mi-269428-7410?r=1
or email bdkessler@yahoo.com any questions.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2009, 03:19 by Cedar Crest »

Jen

« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:38 »
I have two bedrooms for rent in my Benton Township home for $400/month plus 1/2 or 1/3 utilities; I rent these rooms on a month-to-month contract.

The house is clean and spacious. It is located on a private cul-de-sac surrounded by wooded ravine, and it is minutes from I-96 and I-94.

Please contact me for details.

alexio

« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2010, 11:46 »
Try cedar crest apartments they are furnished with all utensils and everything you would need. They work with Cook people for $250/wk you can call them at 269-208-6896 I have my apartment reserved.

Bruce

electric ed

« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:13 »
I was able to reserve a 1 bedroom apartment, fully furnished from Anita @ 269-759-9878.  They have both 1 and 2 bedroom units.  Mine is very clean and all I had to do was show up.  It is a short 7 minute drive to Cook and she was very easy to work with.  Give her a call!

Ed

Offline Silver Beach Hotel

• Very Lite User
« Reply #21 on: Feb 23, 2010, 12:56 »

Silver Beach Hotel
100 Main Street
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
Toll Free 1(866)514-6232
269.983.7341 phone
stjoesilverbeachhotel@comcast.net

Competitive Rates, Full Range of Amenities, Recent Remodel, Safe and Relaxing Location

All of our rooms (kings or two queen) now come with a complimentary refrigerator and microwave as well as brand new pillow top mattresses.
We've recently upgraded our high speed wireless and as always, we offer a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast to accommodate your schedule as a nuclear worker.
Check out our indoor swimming pool with hot tub and sauna, our fitness room and bar!
Our competitive rates include weekly housekeeping.
As always we do welcome pets for a small one time charge.
We are located in the heart of downtown Saint Joseph, north of DC Cook on Business Loop 94.  Walking distance to downtown restaurants, cafes, and bars.

Give us a call today for a rate quote!!! (269) 983-7341

Happy Ours Cottage

« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2010, 11:21 »
DC Cook Nuclear Workers Stay With Us!

www.happyourscottage.com

Happy Ours Cottage is located at 222 Brockway in the town of South Haven and embedded in scenic Southwest Michigan! This tastefully furnished home is located 1.5 blocks (600 ft.) from sugar, sandy Lake Michigan public access beach & three blocks from downtown South Haven. Happy-Ours Cottage is a 1800 sq. ft single family home that has four bedrooms and two full baths.

$500 is the weekly rate for three people.  $600 per week for four people.  This is a great deal since summer rates are $1725 a week and you should still be able to swim through the end of October in Lake Michigan, (we usually do)!

We include Cable, Internet Access and TV's.  Fully Furnished.  We do provide clean sheets.  Cleaning service included.  We do not have laundry facilities on site but there is a great laundry mat in town...quick and clean!  Please visit our website for more pictures and contact us for more information. 

We can rent to you starting Sept. 15th on.  So if you have a group that is looking for a clean, non-smoking house to live-in, please consider us!

P.S.  Follow us on Facebook!

GHurst

downtown Baroda, second floor, $750 includes W/D and utilities. no pets, non-smoking, sec. deposit required. available aug. 1st. call Greta 773-972-1786 to view  Thanks!

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
DC Cook Lodging or palisades
« Reply #24 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:11 »
anyone looking for a place to stay for the DC COOK or PALISADES outage

i have a three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath house for rent for the outage.  house is completely furnished  rent is negotable    the house is about 20 minutes  from the plant.  nice location.  if interested please contact me at the number listed below.  we are in the nuclear field also and will be doing outages elsewhere.  IF INTERESTED contact

DALE M (cell)  269 369 0922
        (home)   269 944 4020

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?