Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dick Reed from St Lucie

Author Topic: Dick Reed from St Lucie  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
Dick Reed from St Lucie
« on: Mar 17, 2010, 11:26 »
Mr. Reed passed away a few weeks ago, I do not have all the details but hope that someone that does will up date the post. He was a great man that deserves to be honored here. Please would someone update this with his information. I knew Dick and have always thought he was a great person, I will miss him and know he is in a better place. I hope to see him and all the others that have beat us there.

May God watch over his family in their time of need.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Dick Reed from St Lucie
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2010, 12:17 »
Richard C. (Dick) Reed Dick Reed, age 63, of Stuart, Florida, died Thursday, February 18, 2010 at the Lawnwood Medical Center in Ft. Pierce, Florida. He was born to the late Ralph C. and Loda May Reed in Lancaster and grew up in Baltimore. He was preceded in death by an infant sister Linda Kay. Dick is survived by his wife Brenda Reed, daughter Dani (Richard) Geisinger, son Richard Jr. (Heidi) Reed, sister Pam (Jeff) Whittington, brother Jim (Portia) Reed. Last but not least his five grandchildren, Hannah and Kaila Geisinger and Brianna, Jeremy, and Jaxon Reed whom he poured his life and soul into as evidenced by his work office walls filled with their photos.

He will be fondly remembered as well by cousins, nephews, nieces, and other family members. Dick was an out-standing athlete at Liberty Union. He was a member of the '61 State Baseball Champion team and earned All-Ohio recognition on the '64 State Champion team. He was an all-league basketball player on the '63-'64 champion team as well as quarterback on the football team. He continued his baseball career at Ohio State and earned a degree in education before and Biology before heading to Florida to successfully teach and coach in the Martin County Schools. Dick was well known as an avid and accomplished golfer as a member of the Martin County Golf Club.

An employee of Florida (nuclear) Power & Light, Dick was a Health Physics Operator and remembered by a co-worker: "Dick was selfless and humble... he enriched the lives of all he met." The caring continued after his death as an organ donor to the U. of Miami's Children's Cancer Unit. As Brenda notes, "He's still giving." A man of deep faith, Dick's ministry was his investment in people. He served in the Manna Kitchen and taught Bible classes in his local church. My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress. I will never be shaken. His family offers, "Thank you Jesus for the time you gave us with this wonderful man." A public Celebration of Life Memorial Service will take place on Saturday, March 6, at 2:00 PM at the First United Methodist Church at 1500 S. Kenner Hwy in Stuart, Florida. In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions be made to the Avenue D Boy's Choir at P.O. Box 2046, Ft. Pierce, FL. 34954. Paid Obituary

longbow55

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2010, 12:01 »
Haven't seen him for years but I always liked Dick. He always treated me and everyone with respect and was just an all around good guy. My thoughts go out to his family.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2010, 05:52 »
Although we had not seen Dick since the 1980's he was always remembered as a great friend... we were actually looking at old photos a few months back and came across some of him that were taken at VC Sumner at a after work dinner... he was a great person.

remowil55

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2010, 04:11 »
I hate to hear this, I worked with Dick at St. Lucie on several occasions. No matter what your problem he would always help. He was a great guy. And my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP Dick, you have earned your rest. Remo

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?