Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLO pay wage
honeypot

Author Topic: NLO pay wage  (Read 55368 times)

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: NLO pay wage
« Reply #50 on: Feb 19, 2016, 10:23 »
I have yet to see it as low as 31

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #51 on: Feb 21, 2016, 07:17 »
I've certainly seen lower recently, albeit for candidates with limited experience. But I've seen higher too. Some plants are paying in the high 30s/hr for brand new trainees with just an Associates' and no experience. Of course, these are union plants, and also they're not always in the most desirable locations. Same old factors, I guess.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2016, 07:38 by Red Gold »

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #52 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:25 »
We're talking NLO's not RO's. That chart is incorrect big time.

Okay, so how about this? http://www.nei.org/Careers-Education/Careers-in-the-Nuclear-Industry/Help-for-Your-Job-Search/Sample-Job-Descriptions-and-Salaries/Non-Licensed-Operator

The median salary for a non-licensed operator is $65,080. Actual earnings may be higher due to overtime, bonuses and incentive compensation.

$65,080/2080=$31.29/hour, not counting shift pay.

Obviously this is the median. So location can make it fluctuate, as we all know. What is good down south seams ridiculously low to someone who spent their time up north. [2cents]

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: Feb 22, 2016, 03:00 »
Made lots more money in the South. I have yet to see an operator anywhere get less than 6 figures

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #54 on: Feb 22, 2016, 06:23 »
All brand new NLOs make >100K down South?  silliness.  Maybe when they are topped out.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:16 »
Man I realized a didnt state that correctly. Their base pay is about 77k with ot they make 6 figures

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #56 on: Feb 22, 2016, 10:07 »
....What is good down south seams ridiculously low to someone who spent their time up north. [2cents]

It's called the "Sunshine Bonus".

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #57 on: Feb 23, 2016, 12:59 »
all NLOs down south start out at close to 40 bucks an hour????  NO.  Maybe some start out that high but not all of them. Probably not most of them.  I don't even think they top out at 40 an hour at Oconee.  Maybe things have changed since 2014.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #58 on: Feb 23, 2016, 09:13 »
Man I realized a didnt state that correctly. Their base pay is about 77k with ot they make 6 figures

$77,000/2080=$37.02 base wage. OT is OT and comes and goes but the base wage is what you really live on.

Looks like we are circling back...
Looks to me like mid 30's is average: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Nuclear_Power_Reactor_Operator/Salary

...but are we talking NLO or RO
We're talking NLO's not RO's. That chart is incorrect big time.

It's called the "Sunshine Bonus".
Fair weather is indeed a bonus. Cost of living plays a part as well.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Feb 23, 2016, 01:26 »
Yeah you can't assume everyone is going to be eating up that OT, plus we are talking starting wage here, and down south it is much lower in most cases than up north.  I know NLOs up north are more likely to top out closer to 45 or 50 (I think Diablo Canyon may be over 50) an hour, but down South I'm pretty sure most plants top out below 40 an hour.  So if you are starting at 31/hr and top pay is below 40/hr, IMHO you are doing ok. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?