Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Aberration? honeypot

Author Topic: Aberration?  (Read 4969 times)

Offline BK3

• Light User
Aberration?
« on: Mar 28, 2010, 10:44 »
While classing up here at NNPTC about 75% of my class, and the EM/ET class is a subvol. I was wondering if this is about normal or high?

The only reason why I ask is, because it would reason that if this is the case, then some of the subvols would end up in the surface Navy. I myself am a subvol, and I'm not concerned about where I end up since I'll be happy either way, but was just curious about it.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Aberration?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2010, 11:52 »
Many are vol'd, but few are chosen....  ;)

Offline flatlander86

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2010, 12:00 »
75% seems pretty high, but I think it's normal to have more subvols than are needed. In my class, I know there were quite a few subvols who were surfaced. I think they spoon feed us that there's a shortage of subvols, and pretty it up to try and convince everyone to volunteer as a just-in-case kind of thing. It's kind of a one way street, and it's a lot easier to surface a subvol than to force someone to go subs. And at 75%, there's going to be a large fraction of people getting surfaced. The best advice I can give to avoid having it happening to you is to finish at the top of your class, and qualify early at prototype. Those are the ones who tend to get first dibs at what they want.

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2010, 09:26 »
When I was an instructor at Prototype (just transferred out in Feb), I saw the pendulum swing both ways multiple times. There have been a fair share of classes where everyone got what they wanted, classes where sub vols went surface, and a couple where the CCC was advertising for people to volunteer.

That "needs of the navy" thing will get you every time.... I hope that you end up with what you want.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?