Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu UK Citizen applying for work in USA

Author Topic: UK Citizen applying for work in USA  (Read 4771 times)

Argyleross

UK Citizen applying for work in USA
« on: Mar 29, 2010, 06:10 »
I'm new to this website but just browsing through, i couldn't see anyone other Brits who have applied for work in the states. Does anyone know if a visa would be very difficult for a British person to obtain? I'd love to work/live in America but I'm guessing my only chance would be to find a long term job there with sponsorship?
Thanks in advance for replies!  :)

Argyleross

Re: UK Citizen applying for work in USA
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2010, 12:11 »
Thanks very much  :)

FatMalky

Re: UK Citizen applying for work in USA
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2010, 09:43 »
Here's my post from a similar thread...

Which UK plant are you coming from?

I'm originally from Scotland but now live in the U.S. and work as an HP - I also did this in Scotland, at Hunterston Power Station.  I married an American, though, so that's how I got here.

Before coming over, I had contacted Bartlett and was basically told, "Get here, then contact us and we'll be able to put you to work."  Not really much help.

There is a definite shortage of HPs over here, which may help you, but believe me, it is incredibly difficult to get Work Visas etc. for the U.S.  I had even tried to get Bartlett to set up some sort of exchange programme with RadWise (and there's now also Nuvia) but they didn't seem too interested.

I saw you mentioned DoE.  I was told as a non-US Citizen, even as a Permanent Resident, that I couldn't work most DoE sites.  That was around 5 years ago, but I haven't tried since.  Just make sure you check it out before getting your hopes up.

Would Canada interest you?  As far as I know, there's a lot of Brits working at Bruce Power on Lake Huron.  Just a thought.

If you have any other questions about us ex-Pats living/working here, just ask.  I'll try my best to answer you.

Good luck and "Best of British"!

Jon.

Here is the thread it was taken from... http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,23648.0.html

Good luck!
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2010, 09:44 by FatMalky »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?