Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Koeberg Nuclear Power Station - South Africa

Author Topic: Koeberg Nuclear Power Station - South Africa  (Read 68447 times)

milo124

Re: Koeberg Nuclear Power Station - South Africa
« Reply #75 on: Mar 31, 2010, 02:37 »
I found the pics of Koeberg interesting.  Here (in the US) we have deer (and various critters) and they have zebras.  It's too bad something hasn't been worked out on this (as in a company paying a fair rate with real staffing needs).

jowlman

« Reply #76 on: Apr 27, 2010, 07:46 »
I got an email from Bernard this weekend telling me that he was staffing for a fall and spring outage if I was interested. Has anyone else gotten an email? I asked him to contact me back with the pay details.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #77 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:27 »
I got one too.  I turned it down last time after I had made the short list.  Bernard's way of saying hired.  I really think I am going this time.  I need some input from my tax guy Travel Tax LLC.  From what I understood they were taking out S.A. federal tax which is very high.  I would also be libel for my home state of Maine.  But no Social Security or Medicare.  It comes out to be more taxes than USA.

tonyg

« Reply #78 on: Apr 29, 2010, 03:30 »
Is this the same Bernard that didn't pay his techs last year or was very late in getting them their pay? Some of the techs told me that they almost lost their apts from lack of timely payments

LaFeet

« Reply #79 on: Apr 30, 2010, 11:35 »
 I had thought about submitting my resume, but I have a pretty good job where I am at now.  South Africa would be nice to work at.... be kinda like being back in the Navy again.

Offline lauriedude

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #80 on: Jun 17, 2010, 10:29 »
Gosh, I wish I knew what was true and what wasn't.  Every time I think of going I hear something negative.  Is this true?  Folks didn't get paid in a timely manner?  That would stink to be over there and not get paid!!!  Any truth to this??  Can we hear from someone who went please?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2021 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?