Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Maureen E. Oconner-Casey

Author Topic: Maureen E. Oconner-Casey  (Read 8308 times)

RackemUp

Maureen E. Oconner-Casey
« on: Apr 01, 2010, 11:33 »
 :(   Dear Nuclear Friends and Family,
It is with great sadness that this notification is made.  The Bartlett Radiation Protection Technician Maureen Oconner-Casey has passed away.  Maureen expired in her home on or about Wednesday, March 31st 2010.
Maureen was 68 years young and lived in Fort Pierce Florida.  Maureen often worked at St. Lucie and Turkey Point Nuclear as RP Outage Support.  She previously also worked a lot at the Entergy Plants.  She often traveled with her recently deceased husband, William (Bill) H. Casey.
Maureen is survived by: daughters, Sharon Casey (Bartlett Site Mgr.) and Erika, son Jon Marc, along with several lovely and adored grandchildren.

As one would suspect, the family is extremely saddened with the sudden loss of Maureen.  Maureen will be missed at the FPL Florida Plant Outages.   Rest in Peace Maureen.

There will be more information to follow regarding Maureen's Funeral or Memorial arrangements.

Sharon, we will be praying for you and your family, along with many others I am sure.

From,
Duane & Amanda Hutchinson and Diane Nutting along with all of your other FPL Turkey Point Family and Friends…
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010, 01:17 by RackemUp »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Maureen E. Oconner-Casey
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2010, 12:56 »
Sharon,
Very sad news, my thoughts are with you!  Mike McFarlin
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2010, 01:01 »
There are no adequate words to describe how sad this makes me. Maureen was a great lady and a good friend. I know how devastated she was when she lost Bill... now they are together again. God rest her soul.

Sharon, I am so sorry for yet another terrible loss. You will be in my thoughts. Call me if you need my help.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Scube

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2010, 01:17 »
Sharon, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Your mom was a good woman. My prayers are with you.

Scott Shytle

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2010, 02:16 »
Sharon
I was shocked to see this, she was a blast to have known. Julie and will keep you in our prayers. If there is anything I can do please call. I can safely say that she was one of those people I will never forget. I will forever remember her and the times we worked together. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Offline BigMo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2010, 03:09 »
OMG.........Sharon, I am soooo sorry. Had no idea, just heard a little while ago. My thoughts are with you. Your Mom was a sweetheart and this makes me sad. Prayers with you girlfriend.

Mark Head

pappy

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2010, 09:40 »
My thoughts & prayers are with her family. I always enjoyed working around her....

Offline CaptainNemo

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2010, 10:28 »
Sharon,
We are saddened by this news. Both, your mom and your dad were wonderful people. Both, Sabrina and I loved them both. We had many laughs together and we will always remember those times. Although we have not been back to South Florida in a while we have always thought about Bill and Maureen anytime we would hear anything about Lucie and Turkey, because even during the hard times we could always share a laugh or two, and we have never forgotten. Know, we will always keep you in our prayers. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

Love Ya,
Jim & Sabrina

Dwayne

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2010, 12:13 »
So sorry to hear about Maureen...I only worked with her a few times, but I enjoyed the time we had together. She was a hard worker and I learned a few things from her.
She will be in my prays as well as her family.
Dwayne

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2010, 09:04 »
Sharon.... My deepest condolences, your parents will indeed be missed,
they touched so many in this industry alone.  Let me know if there is anything
I can do..

Barry

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2010, 02:05 »
Sharon, sorry to hear of your lost... rest assured your mom is in the company of some wonderful people including your dad. Having lost both of my parents, I can feel your pain... time will heal all.

Camella

remowil55

« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2010, 09:37 »
Sharon, I just can't believe this, i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. As you know i worked with her many times and we had some great laughs. And i have lost another friend. My prayers are with you. Take care and if you need anything you know how to get hold of me. Remo

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?