Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Warrior Song  

Author Topic: Warrior Song  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
Warrior Song
« on: Apr 01, 2010, 10:48 »
About 16 months ago I would bounce out of bed at 0300 and get to the ship at 0415. Being there that early let me walk the deckplates to evaluate the plants (in port or at sea) and talk for an hour or so, one on one, with the Sailors I worked with (notice I did not say worked for me). I've moved on since then but there are 2 things I miss greatly from my years in the Navy,,,leading and serving with some of the finest men and women I will ever come across in my lifetime and the sun rising and setting into the sea 1000 miles from nowhere. Beyond that I don't miss the Navy much,,,it truly is the Sailors I miss. God bless them and all of the armed forces who do the toughest job in the world. I hold reveille on no one these days except myself and my wife. I would like to share with you all how she wakes up in the morning,,,not to a bugle call but to this song played on my IPOD at full blast in the bathroom,,,coffee is there before it ends and my wife with a smile on her face finishes the last verse with me,,,God bless her too because to put up with my crazy ass for 25 years she had to be a one of a kind individual,,,,Hope y'all enjoy and play it loud. Say a prayer tonight for all our members in the armed forces serving and protecting you and your family.

http://www.thewarriorsong.com/video.html
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

Dwayne

Re: Warrior Song
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2010, 12:27 »
Harley....Thanks for the song...it's Great!!!
I salute you and all our armed forces for keeping me and my family safe!!

Chimera

Re: Warrior Song
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2010, 12:45 »
Great song, Harley Rider.

I find it somewhat ironic that as we, as a nation, stray farther and farther from the Republic we started out as, we seem to value our "warrior class" more and more.

To all of you, such as my father, my brother, and my son, who have ever had to respond to the command of "lock and load", I salute you (we didn't do that too much on a submarine).

Have a Happy Easter.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?