Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Questions honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC Questions  (Read 47252 times)

javacodeman

Re: Transition from NR to NUPOC
« Reply #25 on: Nov 19, 2006, 10:54 »
I totally agree...I will do what interests me (which is very much the NR route). 

I guess I forgot to mention the source of my question.  The reason I asked is because I have heard and read several places that being a DIO as an NR really limits you to that initial 5 year hitch.  After that you essentially get pushed out into the civilian world. This is due to the fact that being promoted is unlikely since you are competing against the well-rounded, experienced NUPOCs.

So while the NR route is my main interest, I still want to be able to finish out my military pension (20+ years).  So how can I do both...or can I?  So I must transition to somewhere...right?  Let me know if these facts are untrue.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry to open this up again, but if you are still in the throws of your decision, I hope this helps.  After NR, you'd probably end up in the Human Resources community--at least that is where they were dumping everyone when I got out.  This has its ups and downs.  But a lot can change in the 5 years that you would be in NR--not only what the Navy is doing with its DIOs but what you want to do with your life, etc.

Hope this helps.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?