Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nukeworker.com honeypot

Author Topic: Nukeworker.com  (Read 7290 times)

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
Nukeworker.com
« on: Apr 11, 2010, 10:05 »
In the last five weeks I've been a member of "nukeworker.com" I've been amazed at the efforts of Mike Rennhack.  We are able to communicate with our peers.  I was able to contact someone I worked with in the early 80's.  We have some awesome forums (especially for gold members!), job postings, study material and God knows what else.
Mike is constantly on the forums and doesn't ask for anything to help support the site.  I tried starting a topic pumping up the gold member numbers.  Alas, I was very new at the time and didn't know my fellow nukeworkers, don't think I did a very good job.  I think, at the very least, we gold members should give +K every time we read Mike's posts. I know his ego would appreciate it. :P Maybe a few of our members would consider a gold membership.  How Mike has rendered this site with all its advantages is beyond me.  I only thank him for his efforts!  Anyway, I just hope that those who read this will help support this great, job giving site!

Retread

In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
Re: Nukeworker.com
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2010, 12:07 »
syc·o·phant   /ˈsɪkəfənt, -ˌfænt, ˈsaɪkə-/ 

–noun

a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

Mean.  Unkind.  Un-called-for.

shame.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2010, 12:25 »
I think, at the very least, we gold members should give +K every time we read Mike's posts. I know his ego would appreciate it.

I would love some karma.  Maybe I could get a few more karma points than BeerCourt.  That would make me smile.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2010, 12:29 »

I Don't usually agree with MeterSwangin, but lately I've had to agree with him several times.  I guess that means some karma is coming his way.  (Too bad there isn't some kind of log to prove it).

Mutant:  That was a little too mean.  You are what they call here, an "Unforgiving Nukeworker".

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2010, 10:45 »
Sorry - an honest mistake.  Sycophant popped up as the word-of-the-day and I thought I would share it.  I just put it in the wrong thread - I thought I was in the popular  thread "cool words to impress people with"

Yeah. Stick to that story.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2010, 02:02 »

–noun

If Mike were a boss of mine, I could understand the comment.  Wouldn't care for it worth a damn, but could understand it.  I see the work involved with this site and would like those who put it together, to know it's appreciated.  I also know, from personal experience, how expensive it is to keep a website up and running.  It seems that if meterswinging thinks you went too far, you probably went too far.  Have a great day and know God loves you!
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2010, 05:13 »
It seems that if meterswinging thinks you went too far, you probably went too far. 

Basing the validity of someone's posts on the view from a second party whose avatar is a nearly naked oiled up muscular guy.... is a slippery standard indeed!  :P

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:46 »
I Don't usually agree with MeterSwangin, but lately I've had to agree with him several times.  I guess that means some karma is coming his way.  (Too bad there isn't some kind of log to prove it).

Mutant:  That was a little too mean.  You are what they call here, an "Unforgiving Nukeworker".

Yeah, but he do know his vocabulary..... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?