Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ed Myers honeypot

Author Topic: Ed Myers  (Read 8344 times)

pittbull29

Ed Myers
« on: Apr 21, 2010, 12:17 »
I don't know all of the details but maybe someone who was at Salem can comment.  RP tech Ed Myers passed away while working at Salem on Monday.

He will be missed.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Ed Myers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2010, 07:53 »
Very sad indeed. I worked with Ed over 30 years ago... he was around for some of the most fun times I have had in the industry. I will miss the 'Swami.'
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline swaman

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2010, 10:41 »
Sorry to hear about "ELBOWS EDDIE"!
He worked with us here at Fitz a bunch of times and we always enjoyed having him here to help out. Good guy!
R.I.P Ed

Swa

jowlman

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2010, 07:25 »
I am so sorry to hear of Ed's passing. We worked many an outage together on Sequoyah's refuel floor. We had many laughs together. I will miss him. R.I.P. Ed

hatched

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2010, 09:19 »
Ed passing is very sad indeed.  Does anyone have any details about Ed.  Did he have any family?  Funeral arrangments?   

Offline Piggyback Beta

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2010, 09:05 »
Ed was working nightshift as an aux building technician at Salem.  Sunday morning, he didn't leave the breakroom after nightshift release about 0630.  At 7 am, he went to the shift tech and asked for an emergency call as he was having trouble breathing.  Paramedics responded giving him oxygen and immediately transporting him to the hospital.  He went into cardiac arrest, and passed away at the hospital.  His family is in SC.  He was working for DZ Atantic, and I'm sure his family could use sympathy and any thoughts of him.  Don't know what the funeral arrangements are.  A good tech, and as most us are of the same age, it can happen to any of us oldtimers.

Offline AARPSHP

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2010, 07:05 »
He will be missed.  He has a vast knowledge about our work and was a good man to work with. 

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2010, 09:18 »
Sorry to hear about Ed's passing - I worked with him a couple of outages in the last couple of years, he was always good for a laugh.
Bill and Brandi

Offline cjhunter

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2010, 01:44 »
Quite something.......I've known Ed for 30 plus years.....Always had an opinion....weather good or bad....I know he has had some health problems in the last 4 months..we have emailed each other thru these last months.....lord....how uncanny it is....to be an old timer....like me and him...and to find your post on fallen...that you have deceased....Bless your heart Ed....you will be missed by many. Including myself.  My prayers and blessings go out to you and your family....Rest in Peace friend.....always loved your canned jams and jellies! Love always, Carrie and Randy

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2010, 07:15 »
Ed worked at BFN for some outages in recent years.  I liked him and was happy to have him on my shift.  He was a skilled HP tech and, as others have noted, not afraid to voice his opinion which was backed by many years of experience. 

Dave
Dave

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2010, 11:31 »
Ed and I were two of the guys laid off at SQN for the icing incident of the 2003 SGRP.  We had some fun outages together.  We'll miss him.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2010, 07:51 »
I hadn't seen Ed in a good 15 years, but I clearly remember the tiger-striped scrubs. Catch up with you later, Yard Dog...
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

bamalady

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2010, 07:34 »
So sorry to hear the news about Ed passing.  He was a very knowledgeable technician and a he will be missed.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?