Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Possible Bad Conduct Discharge
honeypot

Author Topic: Possible Bad Conduct Discharge  (Read 34689 times)

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Possible Bad Conduct Discharge
« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:44 »
It's a nuke thing, Navy or commercial.  Throw a situation out there and you'll get answers.   8)  I'd be surprised if anyone thinks you an attention whore. 

Best of luck and keep us posted.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2010, 09:02 »
01changeup,
 Check your private email messages.  I sent some information to try to help you out.  None of us are perfect.  I hope this person can help you out.  Call him.  Good Luck

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2010, 09:46 »
Only you can pay the price for your current troubles.

A lot of us were in the Navy and know first or second hand that bad things can happen to good people during their service.

As much as we can know you on an internet forum,...we care.

That's why we give you as straight an assessment as we can, point you in the direction where you can get gainful employment and advise on how to acquire future rehabilitation towards the lucrative or secure employment you may have been studying and training for the last number of years.

That's the long, version with pats and hugs,....

The short version is here,...

Good luck shipwreck, keep us posted as the mood moves ya,.... 8)

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself.  Will add one thing, we all make mistakes, they are ours to own and deal with. But having said that, it is a good idea to seek out information that can help us through these issues.  The folks here are experienced, knowledgeable, and really do care enough to help where they/we can.  Wish I had more to add to help you, but from what I see you are getting it.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

01changeup

« Reply #28 on: Jun 11, 2010, 11:03 »
Quick update:
My 1306 has been dissaproved.  I will be processed for an admin sep.  I don't know how the timing will work due to the ongoing investigation.  I am going to apply for jobs both in and out of the commercial nuke field.  I was an MM, so I will be looking for maintenance jobs.  Any tips or suggestions would be nice.  Thank you all again for the help and advice.

V/R
01changeup

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
« Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2010, 01:25 »
Some things to look into:  Stationary engineer, boiler inspector, insurance inspector, maintenance tech, manufacturing maint tech, non-nuc power gen.  These are all non-nuc options of course.  also, in the time you have left, learn as much as you can aboout PLC's.  everyone in the civilian industry uses them.
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

01changeup

« Reply #30 on: Jun 14, 2010, 03:48 »
Some things to look into:  Stationary engineer, boiler inspector, insurance inspector, maintenance tech, manufacturing maint tech, non-nuc power gen.  These are all non-nuc options of course.  also, in the time you have left, learn as much as you can aboout PLC's.  everyone in the civilian industry uses them.

Thank you very much for the tips.  Does anybody know of anything in the Albuquerque area?  It is looking like I may be headed that way.  I will look into the things you have mentioned.

V/R
01changeup

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #31 on: Jun 14, 2010, 04:10 »
Public Service of New Mexico is the major electric utility there, although City of Farmington and Los Alamos have small utilities as well.

MIA

« Reply #32 on: Jun 14, 2010, 04:13 »

Does anybody know of anything in the Albuquerque area?  It is looking like I may be headed that way.

¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!

01changeup

« Reply #33 on: Jun 14, 2010, 04:32 »
Public Service of New Mexico is the major electric utility there, although City of Farmington and Los Alamos have small utilities as well.

Thanks for the tip.

¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!

LOL

V/R
01changeup

kwicslvr

« Reply #34 on: Jun 16, 2010, 05:14 »
Along with commercial nukes, Intel loves ex-nukes of all rates and Siemens.  I worked for Siemens Building Technology Group when I first left the Navy.  I am an Ex-Elt and at Siemens I worked on the automated building controls (HVAC systems, automatic doors, positive/negative pressure rooms and other critical environments).  Basically you could control the entire building from one computer console.

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #35 on: Jun 16, 2010, 08:18 »
O1changeup, I can tell you first hand it is possible to receive a new clearance. I was administratively last summer due to misconduct, but since then I have received another clearance and have been given another chance in the field. Best of luck to you and know that it is possible, we all make mistakes.

01changeup

« Reply #36 on: Jun 21, 2010, 03:55 »
O1changeup, I can tell you first hand it is possible to receive a new clearance. I was administratively last summer due to misconduct, but since then I have received another clearance and have been given another chance in the field. Best of luck to you and know that it is possible, we all make mistakes.
Thank you for the information and the first hand account.
V/R
01changeup

Offline knockld

• Very Lite User
« Reply #37 on: Oct 18, 2010, 12:39 »
Just to clear up some misconceptions in this old thread to help future searchers.

NEC removal and Security Clearance are not directly related/interlocked.  NEC is a Navy Personnel Command thing and in this case because nuclear tied to NAVSEA 08R.  NEC does not affect the security clearance unless the reason for removal of the NEC would also be a reason to remove the security clearance.  In most cases this would probably be true unless something like continued poor performance in continuing training programs was the case for NEC removal.  Cheating, failure to follow rules/regs/excessive indebtedness and failure to pay, etc would be reasons affecting both.  Loss of security clearance will not automatically remove the NEC but if the loss is permanent then you would never be granted access to NNPI so the NEC would most likely be removed.

The bigger reason in the above potential situation deals with the Courts Martial.  In order to get "awarded" a BCD the individual must be found guilty of "X" at Courts Martial.  Taking someone to Courts Martial is a HUGE deal and isn't done unless the charges are pretty serious.  Think Felony.  If found guilty then this in the legal world outside the Navy is a FEDERAL CONVICTION.  Therefore BCD=Court Martial=Federal Conviction (Felony) and no security clearance will be held with a Federal Felony Conviction.

The Federal Conviction is REALLY and HUGE deal.  It will stick with you and along with a BCD, not good at all.  In the US Navy if assigned to shore duty you can request a Courts Martial vice Non-Judicial Punishment.  A Summary Courts Martial if taken with no lawyer representing the accused rules of evidence still do not apply so you are not gaining anything rather than the ability to get a significantly larger punishment.  There are a few other odd things that go along with Summary Courts Martial but it should really never be asked for in lieu of NJP.

01changeup

« Reply #38 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:09 »
Just to clear up some misconceptions in this old thread to help future searchers.

NEC removal and Security Clearance are not directly related/interlocked.  NEC is a Navy Personnel Command thing and in this case because nuclear tied to NAVSEA 08R.  NEC does not affect the security clearance unless the reason for removal of the NEC would also be a reason to remove the security clearance.  In most cases this would probably be true unless something like continued poor performance in continuing training programs was the case for NEC removal.  Cheating, failure to follow rules/regs/excessive indebtedness and failure to pay, etc would be reasons affecting both.  Loss of security clearance will not automatically remove the NEC but if the loss is permanent then you would never be granted access to NNPI so the NEC would most likely be removed.

The bigger reason in the above potential situation deals with the Courts Martial.  In order to get "awarded" a BCD the individual must be found guilty of "X" at Courts Martial.  Taking someone to Courts Martial is a HUGE deal and isn't done unless the charges are pretty serious.  Think Felony.  If found guilty then this in the legal world outside the Navy is a FEDERAL CONVICTION.  Therefore BCD=Court Martial=Federal Conviction (Felony) and no security clearance will be held with a Federal Felony Conviction.

The Federal Conviction is REALLY and HUGE deal.  It will stick with you and along with a BCD, not good at all.  In the US Navy if assigned to shore duty you can request a Courts Martial vice Non-Judicial Punishment.  A Summary Courts Martial if taken with no lawyer representing the accused rules of evidence still do not apply so you are not gaining anything rather than the ability to get a significantly larger punishment.  There are a few other odd things that go along with Summary Courts Martial but it should really never be asked for in lieu of NJP.

Thank you for the summary. I hope this topic can be of use to others as well as it has helped me.

Now, for an update on my situation. Tomorrow will be the one year mark for the still ongoing investigation. Nothing has changed on that front. I have, however, talked to the current Departmental Master Chief for Reactor Department. He is not the DMC who was in charge a year ago. I had a very productive meeting with him in which I explained exactly what happend last St. Patrick's Day, what led up to that moment in time, what I have learned professionally and personally from this experience, and what I have done professionally and personally in the past year. I also gave 5 references (one LTCDR, one Senior Chief, and three Chiefs) to attest to my work, work ethic, knowledge, etc. I asked the current DMC about the possibility of regaining my NEC. While nothing is certain, and many things could still affect the outcome, the possibility exists, and may even be what one could classify as a "good" possibility. My wife and I are frustrated by the length of the investigation, but we remain cautiously optimistic. If I am not able to stay in the Navy, my current goal is to get my degree (up to Masters for now) in Structural or Civil Engineering. Perhaps after burning this bridge with the Navy I could go on to make a living building new ones. Anyway, that is enough of a rant for now. I will continue to keep the boards updated. I am sorry for the long amount of time since the last update, but not much had changed until recently. As usual, if there are any questions or advice, please feel free to let me know either here or in a PM.

V/R
01changeup

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #39 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:17 »
Good man. Fresh eyes and a new perspective can definitely change how things go for you. Hopefully everything works out for you with however things turn up.

Keep us in the loop :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?