Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview honeypot

Author Topic: Interview  (Read 9096 times)

a_robinson2001

Interview
« on: Apr 26, 2010, 04:07 »
I recenlty passed or got "recommended' on the MASS test and now I have an interview with Exelon on Thursday for a electrical maintenance tech job. Can anyone provide any insight into what the interview is like? I am pretty fortunate in the fact that I know the HR manager who I will be interviewing with, but to keep it professional I have not asked her for any advice. I feel pretty confident going in because I am one of the few females in my field and I have a degree in electronics engineering however I am still very nervous.

If anyone can provide me with any advice I would greatly appreciate it, I really do not want this job to slip through fingers!

Thanks

JustinHEMI05

Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2010, 06:41 »
Google STAR interviewing technique. To get you started, I like MIT's write up about behavioral interviewing. Basically, have some personal anecdotes prepared that show a time you led a team to success, a time you failed, a time you disagreed with management, etc etc etc. No telling exactly what they will ask, but it will be along those lines. Good luck and keep us posted!

http://web.mit.edu/career/www/guide/star.html

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:58 »
I recenlty passed or got "recommended' on the MASS test and now I have an interview with Exelon on Thursday for a electrical maintenance tech job. Can anyone provide any insight into what the interview is like? I am pretty fortunate in the fact that I know the HR manager who I will be interviewing with, but to keep it professional I have not asked her for any advice. I feel pretty confident going in because I am one of the few females in my field and I have a degree in electronics engineering however I am still very nervous.

If anyone can provide me with any advice I would greatly appreciate it, I really do not want this job to slip through fingers!

Thanks

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=17531.0
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

a_robinson2001

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:21 »
Thanks for the info it really helped. I interviewed and was told that I should hear something by the end of this coming week. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.  :D

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:36 »
Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

cbguy

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26 »
Thanks for the info it really helped. I interviewed and was told that I should hear something by the end of this coming week. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.  :D

Good luck, but if I could make a suggestion.  Don't give up your job search untl the job actually happen.

a_robinson2001

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 06:39 »
 ::)

a_robinson2001

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 05:38 »
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for HR to get back to someone? The start date is June 7th and I interviewed last week and still I haven't heard anything!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 07:24 »
Unpredictable, especially if its exelon. Call them.

a_robinson2001

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 03:00 »
Well the start date is June 7th so I thought that this would move quickly, but I guess they have a couple of weeks to spare. I actually e-mailed the recruiter on Friday and I plan on calling on Tuesday if I do not here anything. Thanks again for the info!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?