Career Path > Resume & Interview

Interview

(1/2) > >>

a_robinson2001:
I recenlty passed or got "recommended' on the MASS test and now I have an interview with Exelon on Thursday for a electrical maintenance tech job. Can anyone provide any insight into what the interview is like? I am pretty fortunate in the fact that I know the HR manager who I will be interviewing with, but to keep it professional I have not asked her for any advice. I feel pretty confident going in because I am one of the few females in my field and I have a degree in electronics engineering however I am still very nervous.

If anyone can provide me with any advice I would greatly appreciate it, I really do not want this job to slip through fingers!

Thanks

JustinHEMI05:
Google STAR interviewing technique. To get you started, I like MIT's write up about behavioral interviewing. Basically, have some personal anecdotes prepared that show a time you led a team to success, a time you failed, a time you disagreed with management, etc etc etc. No telling exactly what they will ask, but it will be along those lines. Good luck and keep us posted!

http://web.mit.edu/career/www/guide/star.html

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: a_robinson2001 on Apr 26, 2010, 04:07 ---I recenlty passed or got "recommended' on the MASS test and now I have an interview with Exelon on Thursday for a electrical maintenance tech job. Can anyone provide any insight into what the interview is like? I am pretty fortunate in the fact that I know the HR manager who I will be interviewing with, but to keep it professional I have not asked her for any advice. I feel pretty confident going in because I am one of the few females in my field and I have a degree in electronics engineering however I am still very nervous.

If anyone can provide me with any advice I would greatly appreciate it, I really do not want this job to slip through fingers!

Thanks

--- End quote ---

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=17531.0

a_robinson2001:
Thanks for the info it really helped. I interviewed and was told that I should hear something by the end of this coming week. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.  :D

JustinHEMI05:
Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version