Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Demetrie Ingram

Author Topic: Demetrie Ingram  (Read 16005 times)

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Demetrie Ingram
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:16 »
I was informed that Dee lost her battle with cancer today. I last worked with her at SRS a few years ago. She was a very generous and wonderful lady and I know she will be missed. I certainly know I will miss her. My heart goes out to her family.  I know she had many friends in the Nuke community. when I know more i will post it.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
Re: Demetrie Ingram
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:39 »
I'm very saddened to hear that DEE is gone! I've known her for many years and will miss her. I'm sure GOD will welcome her cause she was a good caring person who always help others even with all she was going through. She always told me to put my faith in the man upstairs. I'm sure she will missed by all who knew her.I could go on how good a person DEE was,but I'm sure those who knew her already know. Quandra ( sorry if miss spelled)If I can help in anyway please contact me, you can get my number from "Harvey"

ROBERT ELLISON
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

barbienuker

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:30 »
I worked with Dee a few times through the TVA plants. She was always a joy to be around. I know she is better now than she has been in years. We will still be praying for the family.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:40 »
I worked with Dee several times , at IP 3 in 1997 and recently at Oconee.  I am so sorry to hear she has lost her battle with cancer.  My prayers are with her family and friends.
CNB

pittbull29

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:47 »
Dee will be missed.  Quandra, Jed and I will be praying for your family.
Holly

nukie33035

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 10:10 »
Quandra; I'm so sorry to hear about Dee. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how bad a loss like that can hurt. Just have to remember all the good times we use to have together..And I know that my Mike was waiting for her at the pearly gates, If you need anything please feel free to contact me..

All my love and prayers :

Pat Toole

Offline desertechn

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 02:59 »
I remember Demetrie from early to mid 90s at fermi and vy, a classy lady that I will always remember

radconii57

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:05 »
Dee was a great lady.  I met her and  Quandra at Watts Bar several years ago.  They came to my rescue even though they had just met me.  Dee worked with me on the refuel floor.  I have since  worked with both again in Entergy.  Dee even though she had gone  through surgery and had both of her breasts removed and a hysterectomy.  Also Chemo she was upbeat.  A sweet lady and a hard worker.  Always  a smile for you.  Q.  I am so sorry to hear about Dee.  We will love and miss her.  She is with God now and at peace.  If you need anything you can email me at Radconii57@yahoo.com or you can call 601-392-1956.  I love you guys.  A. J Forte from Grand Gulf said to email him too.  I am sorry for you and your family's loss.
Marjie Jackson
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:08 by radconii57 »

On The Road

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 11:19 »
Quandra, Sorry to hear about Dee. She was a really good person. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all. If there is anything I can do send me a message. Miss you all, and take care.

Kevin Bowers

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50 »
Services will be held at

First Baptist Church
104 E. Home St
Hartsville, SC 29550

HPKC

Demetrie Ingram
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 07:24 »
I am so very saddened to hear of Dee's passing.  The last I worked with her, just last year, she seemed to be doing well. It's been a shock hearing of her passing.

I first met Dee in 1996 at Vogtle.  We went at it with each other. We then followed each other to the next plant and became the best of friends.  During a six year period when I didn't work, I always asked people about Dee and followed what she was up to. I was fortunate to have gotten the chance to work again with Dee several times before her passing. We had many a laugh together.

I admired Dee and how she handled her cancer.  She was a true trooper! She had her faith and believed God would look after her. I know in my heart that God has wrapped his arms around her and that he will forever hold her in his embrace.

Quandra please get in touch, 623-521-4442, when you feel you're able to. Although I can't attend Dee's service in person, please know I am there with you in spirit and I loved her (and you) very much.

K.C. Thacker

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37 »
Very sorry to here that Dee is no longer going to brighten our outage. Quandra please relay my sympathy and prayers to the other sisters. I know Dee loved you guys alot.

Penny

Nzingka

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:41 »
Hey Q, was saddened (and shocked) to learn of Dee's passing.  I guess it was sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas when I last talked to her and got the impression things were looking okay.  Just know that Meka and I are praying for and with all of Dee's family.  Dee was an outstanding person with a huge heart and will be missed greatly.  Love ya! 
Jackie and Meka Atkerson

Offline Everett Chretien, STS

• Nuclear Nomad
  • Very Lite User
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 03:07 »
Quandra,

I am sorry about your loss.  I enjoyed working with Dee at TVA.  She will be missed.

Everett
Isn't life just grand?

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 05:19 »
QUANDRA, I am sorry to hear about Dee's passing. I worked with her many years ago, she was a good friend and a very classy lady. My prayers go out to her family. PBOOTH

Shykasheali

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 05:35 »
On behalf of the Ingram and Brown Family we simply want to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, from the bottom of all of our hearts. The last few months of our lives has been a journey filled with both pain and happiness. To know "Dee" was to love "Dee". As all of you know she lost her battle with cancer but won the war to enter into pearly gates to that great place they call heaven. The family was truly astonished by all the love and support from all of you. We didn't realized that "Dee" was global. People expressed love as far away as Africa and as close as next door. "Dee" has shown our family how to love and why we should love. This death is very, very traumatic for our family. The funeral is now over and it is now time for the healing process to begin for all of us. Please continue to pray for her children and the rest of our family. Please don't forget about us because we still need all your prayers and thoughts to help us get through these trying times. "Dee" has left a legacy that is worthy for all of us to keep alive in our hearts, minds, and souls. The family will like to send a special thank to Smart People. The world would truly be a better place if it had more people like you. You came through for our family when we were unable to do it ourselves by posting the information on nukeworker about "Dee". We all loved "Dee" with every fiber in our bodies but GOD loved her best! Thank You All! Sincerely, The Ingram and Brown Family

Offline chosen

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 01:26 »
To Nishie and Quandra who I have worked with and laughed with for many years you have my untold sympathy!I loved and miss Dee as if she was my sister and in a way she was my SISTA and as long as I have a clear mind she will never be forgotten!With a broken heart I send my prayers for your family. Debbie Wood

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 10:34 »
The family will like to send a special thank to Smart People.
It broke my heart to hear about Dee. With her troubles and her passing. I always thought she was a wonderful person and loved working and hanging out with her.

Jonelia Saunders was able to pass on the information to me so I could post it here.

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 02:19 »
I worked with Dee at SRS between 2001 and 2003 "mining" drums for the ship to WIPP project.  We spent countless hours on the pads sweating our butts off in the summer just looking for the correct drums.  She always had a sweet disposition and never had anything harsh to say.  My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and children. 

John

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 12:35 »
Quandra, I am so sorry to hear about Dee.

I enjoyed working with her.

She will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and the rest of your family.

Ricky Witt
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 23, 2010, 04:33 »
Dear Sister Quadra

I didn't have the opportunity to contribute to the fund for Demetrie when I was at Grand Gulf..... do you have a mailing address where I may be able to send a contribution to?  Prayers with you and all the family during this most difficult time.  God Bless with love
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

treasrman

« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:04 »
I was saddened to learn of dees passing. i have been out for almost 10 years and I dont get to this site often. this posting hit me like a ton of bricks. I have great memories of quandra, nishi and dee from VY. I am so sorry for your loss girls. greg reece

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?