Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Could Y'all Please Do Me A Favor?

Author Topic: Could Y'all Please Do Me A Favor?  (Read 9797 times)

Fermi2

Could Y'all Please Do Me A Favor?
« on: May 20, 2010, 03:27 »
Over the past few weeks I've received many requests via either PM here or email from guys requesting help or advice. They say so and so told them I could probably help them with whatever issue they have. I posted a couple months ago I will give no advice in any way, shape, or form for any reason. No career advice, no job hunting advice,  no how to navigate through long term disability, and no technical advice. Because I won't give advice I haven't posted on this board (with the exception of today) as I feel if I'm not going to participate in the purpose of Nukeworker then I shouldn't be posting here.  I've had to tell each one of these individuals that I'm not willing to help them. Today I was told I was a last resort for a problem but quite frankly I don't care.  I respect the individuals who sent the help seekers my way so I'd prefer not having you guys put in the position where a person you sent me to comes back to you wondering what the hell, BZ said while he could help he refuses to do so. I will however say a very nice hello to anyone who asks!

Thank you!

Mike

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Re: Could Y'all Please Do Me A Favor?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:39 »
No problem & thanks for staying away...been alot better 'round here.
Thanks again!
Please dont respond!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:07 »
Sounds like you got a good dose of what I got recently... left a bad taste didn't it? Sorry you feel this way but totally understand.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:40 »
Mike,
Thanks isn't enough for what you've added here and to me.  I hope to cross your path one day soon so that I can hopefully say it better face-to-face. 

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:54 »
Hi Mike, sorry to here you feel this way.  Wish it wasn't so.  However, I would like to thank you publicly for the help that you have offered to me directly and the help that your posts have given me.  I personally believe that the advice that you have posted here was about 60% responsible for me being hired for a NLO position at Comanche Peak (my dream job!).  So, just in case I never get to shake your hand in person, here's a virtual handshake and a hearty thanks.
 8)
Have a Day ;D
-Matt
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2010, 05:23 »
Bump.

Received two more requests in the last couple weeks.

Thanks, hope everyone is having an enjoyable and safe summer!

Mike

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:06 »
Bumped,

5 requests this week. Newbies need to learn to search. They see what they want to see and neglect that which is important.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:16 »
Bumped,

5 requests this week. Newbies need to learn to search. They see what they want to see and neglect that which is important.

blah blah blah.....
pat yourself on the back...you are as bad you say THEY are too.....why dont you stick to your word and get lost??

mostlyharmless

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:32 »
BZ I don't know you nor have I asked for advice but I have enjoyed reading your posts and have looked for them. Nukeworker is the less for the lack of your posts.  I am largely ignorant about how a nuke plant really works and  have found your posts to be most excellent. I am impressed by your ability to recall processes in the detail that you do. My mind doesn't work that way. I have to refresh and refresh to keep it in my smooth brain. I am somewhat out of the loop here as well. I dint pry and I dint try and follow arguments and disagreements.  I only try (poorly) to generate a little discussion in my small piece of the kingdom and have met with little success. You have a lot more impact on this site and from what I have seen, in a good way.  Please continue to contribute to the site. MH

Offline LT Dan

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:23 »
Bumped,

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a    (měg'ə-lō-mā'nē-ə,  -mān'yə)   
n.

A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·ac
   /ˌmɛgəloʊˈmeɪniˌæk/ Show Spelled[meg-uh-loh-mey-nee-ak] Show IPA
–noun
a person afflicted with megalomania.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2010, 07:05 »
Bump.

Received two more requests in the last couple weeks.

Thanks, hope everyone is having an enjoyable and safe summer!

Mike

I wonder if an FAQ function for NUKEWORER Forum would be a good idea? Mike.... Tom...? BZ and some of the other Ops types could do probably put some very useful first contact info there the same with the other Forums by the other "experts" for the repeat questions. We do get a lot of the same questions and that might ease some of the tension. It may be a little time consuming to go back and compile all of them for the various sections but I think it may be worthwhile.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2010, 07:10 by Marlin »

Pman52

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:58 »
Bumped,

I'll be the first to apologize for this.  I never saw this thread and was trying to find as much useful information as I could.  I have found your posts very informative and helpful and was hoping you could share some insight.  I apologize again for the ignorance.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?