Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Going to MEPS Monday

Author Topic: Going to MEPS Monday  (Read 2984 times)

DoorMatt

Going to MEPS Monday
« on: May 21, 2010, 02:46 »
Hi everyone, I'm new to these boards. Lots of good info as a lurker. However, I have nearly completed my enlistment paperwork and due to go down to San Diego MEPS this Monday in the hopes of getting into the Nuke program. But, I just found out about the NUPOC program, and I've already completed 3 years of undergraduate college coursework in biology. If I were to tell my recruiter I wanted to look into the NUPOC program, what could I expect as a reaction from him? Would it be wise to press the issue if my paperwork is almost complete. No enlistment contract signed yet though.

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
Re: Going to MEPS Monday
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 04:38 »
Contact an officer recruiter, not your regular one.  Different people with different jobs.  If interested in the NUPOC program, don't sign enlistment contract.
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:39 »
The recruiter is filling a slot, He will be angry for not filling a slot.  Do what is best for you not for the recruiter who might miss his quota.  I look at him like a used car salesman I do not have to buy from him. If he gets pissed I just walk away. Read this site about college options.  http://www.navy.com/navy/joining/education-opportunities/undergraduate/

Also read this on Nukeworker thread. http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,23936.msg123711/topicseen.html#new

Has alot of questions that you may ask.  Good luck!!!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 04:40 by thenukeman »

DoorMatt

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 01:18 »
Hey all, thanks for your help and input. I did some research on the NUPOC program, and I found that I would need a few waivers just to qualify. So, I went to MEPS yesterday and took my ASVAB and did all that good stuff. Got a 98 AFQT and scored 249 NUC and 268 EL. (The electrical qualified me into the program.) I'll be going back this week sometime to sign my contract pending receipt of medical records. Thanks again!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?