Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Where are all the Techs?

Poll

Where are you going for the Fall Season

On the Road Again!
House Mouse, Obviously No Where!
Staying Put, Long Term Assignment!
Staying at the House, I'll Pass this Season!
Something Else, Outside of Nuke!

Author Topic: Where are all the Techs?  (Read 16706 times)

RAD-GHOST

Where are all the Techs?
« on: Jul 08, 2004, 07:00 »
Hello to all!  Just trying to get a feel for the availability of Technicians, or lack of, for the Fall Season. 
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2004, 07:02 by RAD-GHOST »

duke99301

Re: Where are all the Techs?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2004, 07:17 »
where are you?

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2004, 02:03 »
 8) Had my handle put on me in 1980, now I am going to the land of the turbans.  I wonder if this makes  Becky Chase a prophet?  ;D Leaving in two days so ya'll take care and keep on swinging.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2004, 02:20 »
Be careful over there Larry.  We'll keep the coffee on for you.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2004, 02:25 »
Yeah, keep your head down and write to let us know what's happenin. Maybe some adventurous ones would like to join you.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2004, 01:53 »
8) Had my handle put on me in 1980, now I am going to the land of the turbans.  I wonder if this makes  Becky Chase a prophet?  ;D Leaving in two days so ya'll take care and keep on swinging.
I thought you were out of the biz?  God bless and good speed.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2004, 03:40 »
Fall Plans........................ .revisiting the old Days, 40 day outage at Hope Creek!

Wish they were all 40 days!!!!!!!!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2004, 06:00 »
I'm at the house at this time.  I'll be hitching the horses and heading out in the near future, for a somewhat long term GIG!  Far, Far AWAY from any Outage Activity!

Offline IonEyes

• Very Lite User
  • Time is an illusion; Lunchtime doubly so.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2004, 09:01 »
Diablo Canyon.  House teched it there for years.  Now I'm going back for the outage.  Looking forward to it.
"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter."   -- Ayn Rand

shovelheadred

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2004, 08:29 »
Strapping all the gear on the Motorcycle and heades west.......Sturgis is the destination...but the journey is where the fun is...........RED

pappy

« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2004, 12:50 »
At INEEL for 6 months ???

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2004, 10:04 »
5-10's until December 2005, as we knock this place to the ground, and return this baby back to its original state. Passing out dosimetry and doing reports all day for a grand a week. Life is good at the West Jefferson, Ohio Battelle site. Personally, I like my job outlook to be expressed in months or years, not in days(outage). Long-term DOE work is the wave of the future, gypsies. Get on board.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2004, 05:32 »
Holy Late To The Game Batman, DOE has been the wave of the future...for at least the last 12 years! By the way, how is the old West Jeff site? Worked between there and King Ave between 1992 and 1996. Hard to believe this job is still going on. Lot of history there, trust me on that one.  Who's still left out there from the old days?

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2004, 08:58 »
12 years the DOE has been the wave of the future?
You couldn't detect that by some of the posts I see. To each their own.

We just knocked JN-6 (guardshack) to the ground yesterday. It went from 25 feet high to 4 feet high in about 10 minutes. The old-timers you may remember who are still here:

Glenn Henderson, Jim Hallgren, Dave Garber, Paul Adams, Tex Carr, Dan Stehly, Forrest Lohner, Jim Hoffman, Steve Schmucker.

Jim Gerhart, Ermel Shively, Larry and Darlene Smith, Harry Linke, and Bill O'Steen have all moved on within the last 6 months.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?