Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiological Health Handbook  

Author Topic: Radiological Health Handbook  (Read 26623 times)

JassenB

Radiological Health Handbook
« on: Nov 12, 2003, 04:49 »
Does anybody know where I could purchase a copy of the 2nd edition Radiological Health Handbook?

I have a copy of the new "3rd. edition" book that I needed for school (a $120 paper weight), but the second edition book has a lot more detailed nuclide info and the nice isotope data tables sorted by various parameters.

I've seen plenty of people with their own dog eared copies that are 10-20 years old, but can't seem to find it in print or even in a digital format that I could print out and bind myself.

Thank you!
-Jassen

alphadude

Re: Radiological Health Handbook
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2003, 01:14 »
they are very very valuable.  i have 3 and wouldnt sell one for $100.  you might be able to xerox one which wouldnt cost too much.  they are out or print and i understand someowns the copyright now to those.  (the pink book people)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2003, 02:05 »
Try:

Scinta Incorporated.
2421 Homestead Dve
Silver Spring Md 20902
USA

fax: 1 301 593 1018
Voice: 301-593-9478

alphadude

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2003, 06:26 »
i think he is talking about "the pink book" the one u listed- he wants the DHEW 1970 version (white or blue) which the pink book is a shadow copy of.

JassenB

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2003, 09:36 »
Correct...I've already got the thick, blue hardcover edition that is successor to the Scinta book. The "pink book" is what I'd like to get my hands on, circa 1970 from the US Government Printing Office, which no longer lists it.

Government published material is in the public domain, so I would be more than happy to pay somebody for the copying, postage, and their time if I could get one somewhere.

Thanks!
-Jassen

GARYGWOODJR

I have read several of the posts in different forums and was wondering if someone could give me a lead on where I could get a copy of the Radiological Health Handbook (USHEW, 1970, gpo, 017-011-00043-0).  Just like the MOE handbook I see it listed a reference at the end of many documents.  I have spent about 6-8 hour searching the internet and came up empty.  Rennhack said that someone on this sit may have extra copies that were printed at their plant.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2004, 01:28 by WINGSFAN »

harleygirl

I have my copy that I had to buy at school as it was one of the course handbooks if you are refering to the big black HP bible. :)

Try to contact Lakeshore Technical College in Cleveland Wi they should be able to sell you one or let you know where you can get it at. They advertise on this site...
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2004, 07:33 by Harley Girl »

GARYGWOODJR

My understanding is that there is the "Handbook of Health Physics and Radiological Health" textbook printed by Scinta and there is a text "Radiological Health Handbook" published by the government printing office and compiled by Simon Kinsman.  The Health Physics Journal web page use the words  revered when it talked about the book.  Other posts on the site have indicated that the text is out of print.  I was just hoping the someone had one squirreled away and wouldnt mind making a copy.  I have exhausted almost every resource I have locally.

harleygirl

I think I have that one also....It is paperback and has a light blue cover?? I will dig up my copy out of the storage boxes and if it is what you are looking for I can most certainly burn a copy.....when do you need it by??

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2004, 09:33 »
some history on the handbook

USPHS                       blue cover      1960 issue
USPHS                       gray cover      1970 issue (reprint of first edition)
Nuclear Lectern Associates   pink cover      1984 issue
Nuclear Lectern Associates   pink cover      1986 supplement
Scinta Inc                  black cover      1992 issue  (full revision)
latest edition is blue covered.  (Third edition)
Decomm Man

Offline wp_913

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2008, 12:12 »
Hi all,

I realize this may be a dead topic, but I'm trying to locate a copy of either of the two books,

Scinta Inc black cover 1992 issue  (full revision)
latest edition is blue covered.  (Third edition)

And was wondering if anyone knew the differences between the two versions and if anyone had a copy of the third edition for sale?

LTC bookstore does not sell it any longer.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2008, 02:56 »
Seems that this is something that some entreprising publisher could make a few bucks on.  Not a huge demand but there is a demand for this kind of reference
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2008, 04:51 »
Hi all,

I realize this may be a dead topic, but I'm trying to locate a copy of either of the two books,

Scinta Inc black cover 1992 issue  (full revision)
latest edition is blue covered.  (Third edition)

And was wondering if anyone knew the differences between the two versions and if anyone had a copy of the third edition for sale?

LTC bookstore does not sell it any longer.

Did you try the study section on this site?  http://www.nukeworker.com/study/hp/

We have links to all of the books on our recommended reading page.

http://www.nukeworker.com/shop/my_books/

We sell the pdf of the 1970 version on our NukeWorker CD.

ISOCS

« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2008, 03:51 »
Where can I get the 1970 Rad Health Handbook CD in pdf?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?