Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Feature wish list. honeypot

Author Topic: Feature wish list.  (Read 19698 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Feature wish list.
« on: Jul 11, 2004, 01:19 »
Give it to me.  Tell me the feature you wish the site had.  I am going to try to add it.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Feature wish list.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2004, 11:30 »
How about some version of the Karma Log returning? It would probably be simpler to have it set up for total number of "bumps" given by an individual (like the currently available total number of "votes" on the profile!)

Just a thought......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2004, 09:23 »
I would like to be able to sort the members of the site by "Karma" rating. That way I can quickly assess if you and SloGlo are able to stay ahead of GreenGoo!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2004, 11:11 »
How about a sort feature that let's you view the winners (and losers) on the "Rate-A-Sites"?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

jjordan

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2004, 10:01 »
How about an audible alert, or something to get your attention when a PM is received!
JJ 8)

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2005, 11:40 »
One of my fellow techs was wondering if we could start a new statistic file: Most deleted posts!
 :o

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:13 »
Give it to me.  Tell me the feature you wish the site had.  I am going to try to add it.

OK, Gold Members are $3 per month. Perhaps an "expiration date" as one of the stats on each Gold Member's profile? I guess "subscriber" could replace the date for those who sign up for autopay?

Just a thought.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:15 »
OK, Gold Members are $3 per month. Perhaps an "expiration date" as one of the stats on each Gold Member's profile? I guess "subscriber" could replace the date for those who sign up for autopay?

Just a thought.

Already in the works.  Great Idea.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:17 »
Gotta get up mighty early in the morning to suggest something the Goldmaster hasn't already got moving!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:22 »
Not only that, but he replied in just over 2 minutes...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

radgal

« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2005, 12:19 »
That's why he's THE MASTER!   aka: nukeworker god    8)
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2005, 12:20 by Rad Gal »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2005, 01:23 »
That's why he's THE MASTER!   aka: nukeworker god 8)

Great -- now he'll never be able to get his swollen head through the doorway.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2005, 01:32 »
Great -- now he'll never be able to get his swollen head through the doorway.

It's a better excuse to stay home than most of us have! Besides, it would give him more time to work on the Website!

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2005, 05:13 »
In the site statistics category, how about jobs posted?
(I think I heard 16 posted one day was the record, and 10 have already been posted today.)

That is a statistic I would be interested in noting periodically. Until now, the job board being a separate section would probably have made this quite a feat.

I am very impressed at the constant improvements!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2005, 06:15 »
In the site statistics category, how about jobs posted?
(I think I heard 16 posted one day was the record, and 10 have already been posted today.)

That is a statistic I would be interested in noting periodically. Until now, the job board being a separate section would probably have made this quite a feat.

I am very impressed at the constant improvements!

Fantastic Idea.

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2005, 07:24 »
Is there a spell checker for post replies? 

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2005, 08:00 »
The forum software already supports spell check, but my server does not.  I'm very sorry indeed, as I am a bad speller myself and would love the extra help.  Bottom line: this feature is not going to be implemented while we are on our current server.

:(

shayne

« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2005, 02:22 »
For the chat room, is there a way to add a link to invite someone to chat.  I get a windows popup notification when I have new a new message.  Can we use this code to make something similiar when I click on a the new link added to everyones profile  [See Below].

So when I see that you (Anyone really) are online, I can click on your profile, click on the Invite to chat link, and that will cause a popup message dialog on your computer that says something like: You have been invited to chat.  Click here to open chat window.

Bottom of profile page:
_____________________________ _ __________________
Additional Information:
Send this member a personal message.
Invite to chat

Show the last posts of this person.
Show general statistics for this member.

_____________________________ _ __________________

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2005, 07:53 »
Has the idea of a classified section been discussed?  I don't know if everything would be included, but houses and apartments would be good.  Vehicles would be good.  Excess equipment and supplies would be excellent.

Oh yeah, I love the spell checker!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2005, 08:12 »
Yes, a classifides section in on the list.  No eta.  Great Idea.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?