Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Recipes  

Author Topic: Nuclear Recipes  (Read 8796 times)

Offline luckyu

• Light User
  • Nuclear power has been good to me$$$$$$$
Re: Nuclear Recipes
« Reply #25 on: Dec 07, 2002, 05:43 »
Crawfish Dip

1 large onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
2 stalks celery
1 bunch green onions
1/2 c. butter/margarine
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 lb. crawfish tails
1 can diced rotel tomatoes
salt, pepper and cajun seasoning to taste

Saute 1st 4 ingredients in butter/margarine. Add rotel tomatoes and crawfish tails. Lower heat and stir in cream cheese until melted.  Great with Frito Dipper chips.

Offline luckyu

• Light User
  • Nuclear power has been good to me$$$$$$$
« Reply #26 on: Dec 07, 2002, 09:53 »
Note:

In the crawfish dip recipe the crawfish can be subsituted with shrimp or crab meat.  You can also use shrimp, crawfish and crab meat combined.

refarnam

« Reply #27 on: Dec 07, 2002, 03:22 »
Black Bean Chili
Ingredients    
     1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey
3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1/4 cup of Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

Directions    

Cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Introduce turkey and cook, stirring, until meat is brown. Place in crock pot, stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, hot sauce, oregano, basil and vinegar. Heat in crock pot for at least 4 hours.

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 08, 2002, 01:36 »
I enjoy making and sharing recipes.  Making candy on a bright, clear, sunny day, especially during the holiday season is so much fun!  This recipe is one of many peanut brittle recipes handed down to my mother to me. It is simple and elegant.

Never Fail Peanut Brittle
3 cups sugar
1 cup corn syrup
3 cups raw spanish peanuts
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons soda

Dissolve corn syrup, sugar, and water in a cast iron skillet.  Stir until dissolved.  Cook over medium heat to a rolling boil, stirring often.  Cook until sugar mixture spins from the spoon about 10 minutes.  As soon as a light color appears to sugar, dump peanuts and stir constantly until golden.  Stir in soda and butter. Pour immediately on to a marble buttered slab or buttered pan or foil.  Stretch to thin brittle.  Cool and break into pieces.  Store in an air tight container.  You'll be lucky to have any left.  
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

McCrank

« Reply #29 on: Dec 08, 2002, 03:12 »
My Best Wild Duck Recipe

(1) wild duck (no muscovy's)
(1) Tblsp red wine vinegar
(1) apple (whole)
(1) tsp Lawry's garlic salt

Pluck and wax duck. After duck is thoroughly washed, stuff apple into the duck's cavity. Sprinkle on the vinegar and then the garlic salt.
Wrap entire duck in foil and place into preheated oven and bake @ 350 for around two hours (depending on the variety of duck, naturally).
 When baking is complete, unwrap duck, being very careful not to burn yourself,(duck burns are very nasty).
Carefully remove the apple from the ducks cavity and place in a medium size bowl.
Transfer the duck into the kitchen waste recepticle and enjoy the apple. ;)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Sep 09, 2004, 08:31 »
A forum after my own heart. I will probably burn up my computer if I'm not careful. I have traveled with this business for almost 30 years so here goes.

The Blue Willow Inn's Cornbread Dressing

4 cups cornbread crumbs*
2 cups biscuit crumbs
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped giblets or turkey (optional)
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp sage
salt and peppr

*Please note to use southern style cornbread, I prefer Martha White's Cornbread Mix.

You may also add your favorite condensed cream soup (chicken, mushroom) to make a moister dressing.

Saute oninon and celery in butter. In large bowl combine all ingredients other than broth. Mix Well, add broth and mix again.
Pour into greased baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #31 on: Oct 21, 2004, 05:11 »
Bleu Cheese Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled  other blue cheese (about 3 ounces), divided
1/2 cup half and half or milk
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup blue cheese, half and half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt, until smooth. Gently stir in the remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and season with pepper to taste. Use now or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #32 on: Oct 22, 2004, 02:07 »
Great recipies. Take awhile to read them all.

Heres an easy one and don't think I crazy. Grilled Pot Roast.(yes Grilled)

1 large pot roast
 Olive oil
 Cavendar's Greek seasoning (this works good on anything and tastes different each time)

rub olive oil over entire roast, use lots of seasoning and get the sides too.
Heat gas grill to 500 or conventional as hot as it gets. Place on grill then turn temp down to around 375-400. cook 20min per side for rare to med rare. 30 for med well. ( This is for a roast about 2- 2 1/2" thick.

Remove and let (rest) for 5-10 min slice 1/4" along length.Save "red gravy" it's great for dipping and is good on rice or spuds. :P

You might never buy a steak again. It works okay on London broil but LB is actually tougher. The fat in the roast is like that on a ribeye.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #33 on: Oct 22, 2004, 01:35 »
BBQ SAUCE

This recipe was handed to me by my father-in-law several years ago, it was given to him by his father. A closely guarded secret in our family until we published our family cookbook.

Not so heavy on the mustard, but if you like South Carolina BBQ this sauce is a treat.

44 oz catsup                         32 oz mustard             1 cup brown sugar
8 oz worcerstershire sauce      1/2 lb butter               1 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt                               1 tsp pepper

I add 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce.

Melt butter, mix all other ingredients in saucepan and simmer slowly on low heat for about 30 minutes. Store leftovers in fridge.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?