Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu North Anna
honeypot

Author Topic: North Anna  (Read 20228 times)

naps1

North Anna
« on: May 31, 2010, 01:05 »
After all of the "drama" on here about NAPS back in '07, I was wondering what the opinion is of the plant in the last couple of years. I know the outages have gotten shorter and therefore staffing needs are less and shorter, but what did you all think of the place, house technicians, supervisors?
Thanks

Offline loki

• Light User
Re: North Anna
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2010, 04:08 »
 "we dont like you. we dont want you here. there are 30 ways to lose your job". actualy 31, thou shalt be professional by wearing a collared shirt. amazingly this dung heap gets staffed

naps1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2010, 01:58 »
Wow.. what department were you in? My experience was in the Health Physics Department. 

Offline loki

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2010, 03:16 »
 ask anybody from the al stafford days how they treated contract h-ps. you are not among friends. i was wrong there not 30 ways but at least 31. if a local reported you overtaking him illegaly on the public highway you were also out

FatMalky

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2010, 04:56 »
ask anybody from the al stafford days how they treated contract h-ps. you are not among friends. i was wrong there not 30 ways but at least 31. if a local reported you overtaking him illegaly on the public highway you were also out

So your experiences are from many years ago?

Wow, are you living in the past or what??!

Offline loki

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2010, 03:20 »
 those that forget history

FatMalky

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2010, 02:26 »
those that forget history

You know it's safe to visit Germany now that Hitler's gone, right?

Think about it.

Offline loki

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2010, 02:07 »
  interesting anology, but remember that Deutschland went through years of denazifacation while his minions continue in positions of responsibility. also no one individual was solely nor primarily responsible for the behavior. its part of north annas rich corporate culture

FatMalky

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2010, 03:25 »
So how long ago WAS your last visit to "Deutschland, VA"?

Offline loki

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:17 »
 within the last two years. 

naps1

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2010, 05:28 »
Well, NAPS is in an awful two unit outage right now yet, through all the chaos, it has been pretty calm in the RP department.  I don't know about the past but the present group seems like a great bunch of guys (and girls). 

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2010, 12:22 »
Worked fall outages in '05 and '07.  Never had any real problems supervision or most of the house techs (there are a couple of exceptions.)  I absolutely loved working with/for BJ.  Wish there was a way to get her to come work at SRS to straighten some folks in the RP dept. here.  I would definitely go back there to work if I am unemployed again.

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Aug 23, 2011, 02:35 »
What's shaking in Va?    Sorry could not resist.... so, did the unit's trip or ???

http://news.yahoo.com/quake-rocks-washington-area-felt-east-coast-181550612.html
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011, 05:54 by Marlin »

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2013, 08:02 »
The former RPM at North Anna even managed to screw me at TVA in 2006, when the site VP hired him to 'mentor' us RP supervisors, as a consultant.  I knew we were in for trouble when the Bartlett site coordinator first caught sight of 'our mentor' and started making obscene gestures and punching the air.   We were told 'no names will be used in my report to the VP'.  When a bootleg copy found itself on my desk we found the opposite to be true. 
Dave

Content1

« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2013, 11:13 »
North anna has always been a nice place to go.  Don't know of these problems as described.

Offline KSKYLE8UP

• Lurker
« Reply #15 on: Jul 01, 2013, 04:41 »
North Anna has always been a nice place to go.  Don't know of these problems as described.
well Ive been going to north Anna now for 6 years and i haven't had a hole lot of problems out there with anybody. the only thing i don't like is how they try to run this plant like a corporate office and it doesn't work like that when you got a bunch of construction workers doing things. i was just out there this spring and i was shocked at all the "safety stand downs" we had to endure. the new guy Xxxxx Xxxxx or how ever the hell you spell his last name seems to be a stand up guy, but as an Ironworker I just don't feel ill ever like him. he came out to the iron shop to preach safety to us wearing a north face jacket, slacks, no safety glasses no hard hat on and the man was wearing (I s@#$ you not) baby blue Kroc's on his feet. other than that I like the plant, LOVE the guys I work for and around, and i really enjoy the area. its a lot different from Kansas thats a fact!

Edited to remove name and profanity.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013, 05:22 by Marlin »

Content1

« Reply #16 on: Jul 03, 2013, 07:18 »
I like north Anna; however, when Peach bottom is paying so much more in wages and bonuses and diem, I can earn >$1K more per week plus travel is over $1000 more each way, I must follow the $$$.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?