Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ed Boice honeypot

Author Topic: Ed Boice  (Read 10313 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Ed Boice
« on: Jun 07, 2010, 06:06 »
Just got word that longtime friend and co-worker, Ed Boice passed this morning. May God be with his family during this difficult time. His family is in our prayers.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Ed Boice
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2010, 03:35 »
Ed's daughter passed this info on to me: Ed went into the hospital at Fort Gordon last Monday because of bleeding from his bladder and was operated on Tuesday morning, he had a terrible reaction to anesthesia, could never really bring him out of it. He aspirated last night, got pneumonia in his lungs, they collapsed and his heart stopped.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2010, 03:38 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

bill8by5

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:47 »
Oh Man.  Ed was a great person and an excellent RP.  Worked with him at Duratek M-Area. Very sad to hear of his passing.

Bill Sterchi

Offline guido.nyc

• Very Lite User
  • Keep it...you needed one anyway!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2011, 09:29 »
Although I have not worked with ED for many, many years...it was the IRM days. He and I shared many a good time and meals together in Annapolis and many other places!   I don't think there was ever a time when Ed and I worked together that he didn't have good words to say or find something to change your mood...to a good mood!

He will be greatly missed and highly remembered!

Please let his family know that his friends express their sympathy for his family and loved ones.

Good-by my friend...Gerard Policastro
Eating, loving & digesting are, in truth, the 3 acts of the comic opera known as life & they pass like bubbles of a bottle of champagne.  Whoever lets them break without having enjoyed them is a fool.

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2011, 01:18 »
Wow it has been a long time since I saw ED. He was someone that helped me in the beginning of my Nuclear Power he was there when I needed him. Later he became a friend and I will miss him dearly. I know that he and the fathers that have gone before him are all watching over us, and that brings me comfort.

May his Family find comfort in knowing that he was not only liked but loved by all that knew him.

Bearspencer

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2012, 12:17 »
Ed was the best site coordinator I've ever worked for; he was also one of the finest men I've ever known.

One of his greatest accomplishments was success in passing his grace to his daughter.

R.I.P.

Bear

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2012, 04:48 »
Although I have not worked with ED for many, many years...it was the IRM days. He and I shared many a good time and meals together in Annapolis and many other places!   I don't think there was ever a time when Ed and I worked together that he didn't have good words to say or find something to change your mood...to a good mood!

He will be greatly missed and highly remembered!

Please let his family know that his friends express their sympathy for his family and loved ones.

Good-by my friend...Gerard Policastro

Gerard, been a long time since I heard your name. My dad was Jack Brown. Ed is in a good place among some of the best techs this business ever saw.

Offline Brandt

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2020, 01:50 »
I was a close friend of Ed. Worked with him at HB Robinson in 1980. He was one of the nicest guys I ever met in the business and the best supervisor I ever had. Many fond memories of him and will miss him.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?