Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tech A - BtKeele

Author Topic: Tech A - BtKeele  (Read 14837 times)

Offline ICP Rad Training

• Very Lite User
Tech A - BtKeele
« on: Jun 09, 2010, 05:52 »
BK was in a motorcycle accident Memorial Day Weekend.  He is home and recovering nicely from surgery, I have stopped by to see him several times, and he is chewing his mother out from the recliner as she is taking care of him while he is laid up ..... so for those of you who know him, we know he is on the road to recovery if he can "Bark at ya!"  :P

Here's to ya BK and to a speedy recovery!

btw ...........  "Got Riding Boots?" hahahaha ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010, 05:54 by ICP Rad Training »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Tech A - BtKeele
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2010, 08:16 »
Hey BK...Sorry to hear about your accident & hope you are back on your feet soon!

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2010, 03:36 »
Get well soon!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

irishfan

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2010, 07:18 »
Feel better soon!  :)

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2010, 01:19 »
Thanks everyone...

Here's the story... Went dirt bike riding with my brother and 2 nephews in the mountains NE of Boise... First ride of the year and first ride on my new
KTM, so, I'm just playing a lot, not riding real hard... We start a series of climbs up a ridge and I lead the way up to the last and hardest climb, a steep, long, rutted, loose, hill (there is an easy way around it btw) so I go about 1/3 the way up and stop to turn around at what looked like a nice spot, bounce the front tire to the next rut and push off to coast
downhill, but, my left foot got caught and the bike lurched downhill real quick and snap... Fibula and Tibia broken, bone sticking out about 5" above
the ankle. 1:50 PM Sunday May 30th.  
So now I wait for the rest of the crew to show up, which they do shorty,
send 1 nephew to the top with cell phone, 1 to the bottom to get trail
number, brother applied pressure to control bleeding.  This is a very remote and rugged area, no roads or even ATV trails for miles...
Nephew #1 gets ahold of 911, they are sending a chopper (backup to normal life-flights) from MTn Home AFB..  Luckily we are near the top of the highest peak, so chopper (with nephews guiding him) find us quick
and sit's down about 1/3 mile away.  Crew gets to me and I get a shot of
Morphine, they strap me to a backboard, and attempt to haul me down this "hill"  only got dropped once, so that was good... (only had 4 people to carry stretcher, it was tough)  CHopper moved closer, they loaded me up and off to Boise I go... So now I have a titanium rod in my leg and
will be on recovery all summer... oh well, beats working ....
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 03:25 by btkeele »

irishfan

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2010, 03:02 »
Ok, all I can say is WOW!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2010, 05:44 »
Training wheels???
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2010, 11:23 »
Titanium huh....well at least they didnt use Stellite  :D   Get well soon Buddy....good time to freshen up on your Seinfeld knowledge.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 11:24 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010, 09:03 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Hawkeyes

« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2010, 10:05 »
Hey Barry ,hope you get better soon ,remember were all getting older.And your nephew are alot younger then you .Hopefully we can work together soon again ,take care,MNewgaard.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2010, 10:11 by Hawkeyes »

Jr8black3

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2010, 11:07 »
BT I don't know ya but I hope ya have a speedy recovery, gods speed my fellow Rad worker..

jowlman

« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2010, 11:45 »
Hey Barry......I guess from now on you'll be setting off the metal detectors in the guard shacks........You better give yourself more time to make it through ;).....Fred

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2010, 01:41 »
Hope yer feeling better Pookie !

Have yer velcro vest on ?

Cathy

« Reply #13 on: Sep 04, 2010, 12:05 »
Hope yer feeling better Pookie !

Have yer velcro vest on ?
Come on now, you know he was only helping that sheep get over the fence  ;)

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2010, 11:58 »
Thanks for (most) of the comments, here's a quick update:  Everything is healing nicely, back to work at
Songs, still limping a little as it will take a while to build the strength back up in the knee and ankle.

The only set-back was when the ewe kicked my bad leg ;)

Cathy

« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:54 »
Glad to see you back up and harassing people  :) Maybe you will make it down to the Peak someday!

irishfan

« Reply #16 on: Sep 12, 2010, 09:53 »
Glad to see you are doing good.  See ya in a few weeks in sunny Ca. :)

Rubber Side Down

« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2010, 01:53 »
Gettin old for this stuff. Don't like seein friends get hurt. A LITTLE more caution if you please. Get well soon.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #18 on: Sep 14, 2010, 07:28 »
The only set-back was when the ewe kicked my bad leg ;)

Eweeee, nasty visual on that one.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?