Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLO Position with Nuclear Degree
honeypot

Author Topic: NLO Position with Nuclear Degree  (Read 7979 times)

metalgr9

NLO Position with Nuclear Degree
« on: Jul 30, 2013, 05:25 »
So here's the situation:

Found out Calvert Cliffs, operated by CENG, was hiring for 14 NLO positions. I passed the POSS and felt the interview went well. In total, 30 people interviewed/passed the POSS.

I did the usual HR stuff--emailing the right people and thanking them for their time and sending follow-up emails a couple weeks later asking about the position. I found out that the offers will be given out this week. I have a nuclear engineering degree from the University of Tennessee, a good GPA, research experience, ANS membership, and all that good stuff.

What would you say my chances are at getting an offer? There were only a handful of Navy nukes, and it seemed like there were more non-nuclear degrees than anything.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: NLO Position with Nuclear Degree
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2013, 08:50 »
Should be pretty good. Did they ask if you wanted to licence one day? If so, what was your answer?
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

metalgr9

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2013, 05:08 »
The interviewers didn't ask about future licensing, but I implied interest in moving up the ladder (RO, engineer, SRO, etc.). The interview itself wasn't very demanding; it seemed like they were just wanting basic "correct" answers for simple moral questions.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2013, 03:10 »
Well good luck and keep us posted!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2014, 05:42 »
When does Calvert Cliffs normally post for their NLOs?
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2014, 07:04 »
When does Calvert Cliffs normally post for their NLOs?
They are planning on another class hire to start Aug 2015. They should start posting after the spring outage.

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:59 »
They are making offers now. Hiring next month.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?