Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Completed Radiation Control Tech Traing Program Online offered through SES honeypot

Author Topic: Completed Radiation Control Tech Traing Program Online offered through SES  (Read 6477 times)

Offline texas green iguana

• Lurker
What should I expect now? I will be working as an apprentice for 5000 hrs. Wages, per diem, possible
locations of employment? I am really close to Oak Ridge, TN.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
What did SES say when you asked them?

doctormoo

endentured servant under ses

cbguy

What companies have you been talking to? 

Are you looking for a job on the road or are you looking to be a house mouse?

Offline texas green iguana

• Lurker
Guys, they just said they would find me employment. I would like to go on the road or anywhere I can work at least 60hr/wk. Have known of anyone completing their program and their success? I'm making 30k before taxes so its been really rough here lately.

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
Not sure who you are, but my graduates that get hired usually keep in contact with me so I can help them with employment.

klsas

The way I interpret Iguana's post is that he is making about 15.00 an hour. (30K/2000hrs). If you take that 15.00 over 60 hour weeks, he needs to make about 50-55K a year. Since DOE mostly works 40 hour weeks, you are looking at having to make in the neighborhood of 25.00 per hour. As a new junior, I don't see that happening. Working commercial outages as a new junior won't get you close to what you need. The only two possibilities I see are 1. obtain a house job at a two unit site (overtime possibilities) or 2. work with Bartlett to do commercial during the season's and back to DOE in the off season's. They started that program a while back and may still be doing it. Give them a call, the worst they can do is say no.

Keith

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?