Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New spin on getting back in? honeypot

Author Topic: New spin on getting back in?  (Read 4451 times)

outtanuke

New spin on getting back in?
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:56 »
OK, so, how hard is it to get security clearance if you're one of the thousands of folks out there who've had a foreclosure in the last couple of years?  Ex-navy, not ex-navy, whatever.  Just curious.

Content1

Re: New spin on getting back in?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:22 »
If you got a foreclosure and it was in a non-recourse state like California and for a 1st trust deed, they have used all the recourse they can against you so although it looks bad on the credit, you are not obgligated further and should not affect your clearance if otherwise you have your debts covered.   We are in a horrible continuing recession and you don't even owe a tax penalty if the loan was a purchase money trust deed on the home you lived in.

jowlman

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:04 »
I know that we have several people here at The Nevada Test Site that are going through financial problems. They are still getting their Q clearances. Although DOE is performing more security interviews with those people.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:30 »
OK, so, how hard is it to get security clearance if you're one of the thousands of folks out there who've had a foreclosure in the last couple of years?  Ex-navy, not ex-navy, whatever.  Just curious.

I don't know about foreclosures specifically, but saw a contractor NOT get badged for a whole outage because of bad credit.  He was NOT invited back for the following outage.

I assume a foreclosure would raise flags, too?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?