Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mini-Nuke reactors and Job outlook honeypot

Author Topic: Mini-Nuke reactors and Job outlook  (Read 2920 times)

RadiationSponge

Mini-Nuke reactors and Job outlook
« on: Jun 28, 2010, 02:00 »
Hey all, I am new to the forum. I joined up because I am looking for a possible start in the nuclear field from the navy to civilian world.

Anyhow, I have been hearing about micro-nuke generation points which can power a major city with just one generator,

These have 0 melt down capability (apparently) and can operator for up to 30 years underground.

What do you all think these technologies will do to the industry?

JsonD13

Re: Mini-Nuke reactors and Job outlook
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:13 »
So as you probably already have read, there are none of these in existence in the US, at the moment.  I predict that it will be a tough venture to accomplish, with the holdup not being on design certification or licensing, but on manufacturing.  Also, it would be tough to staff all these new plants, considering you'll need at least one HP at each of em all times.

Jason

RadiationSponge

Re: Mini-Nuke reactors and Job outlook
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2010, 06:21 »
You rock, thank you!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?