Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Baddest B Nukey Mutation Movies
honeypot

Author Topic: Baddest B Nukey Mutation Movies  (Read 5539 times)

moodusjack

Baddest B Nukey Mutation Movies
« on: May 29, 2002, 01:01 »
I'll start this one with one called "Matinee" starring John Goodman.  The place was in Key West during the Cuban Missle crisis and all the kiddies were waiting for the release of "MANT", the movie.

The premise of the movie was a man's hideous transformation following a routine visit to the dentist for x-Rays.  An ant crossed the lens causing the mutation, so the movie goes.

Memorable lines include,

MANT:  Hey, Honey.  This ain't no picnic for me!  Get it?  Ants.  Picnics.  What?  Am I talking in tongues?

Her: I wish you'd remember the sensitive, loving man you were and put the insect aside."
MANT:  Insecticide? Insecticide?  Where? Where?

Dentist:  You see Miss, this all happened as a result of your husband receiving routine x-Rays, which are measured in units of Roentgen.

zerosmom

Re: Baddest B Nukey Mutation Movies
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 03:45 »
"The Monster from Green Hell" [1958]  - About an experimental rocket containing radioactive materials that crashes in Africa spreading contamination all over heck and gone and creating giant killer wasps who then proceed to run amok.  Bet I had to take my kid brother to that one at least 5 times. ::)

Didn't James Arness play the FBI agent in "Them" - seems I remember something about thefts of large amounts of sugar and unexplained puddles of formic acid. Duh!

And then there was "Threads" - Bristish movie from the same era - about people after a nuclear war all zombied out and living in underground caves.

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 11:48 »
Let us not forget the most favorite of them all. "The Being". About a monster that lived in a Nuclear Waste dump beheading all who dared to enter. Thank goodness for Mortimer who killed the monster with an ax. For more info go to  http://www.badmovies.org/movies/thebeing/index.html

;D ;D ;D

moodusjack

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 04:48 »
zerosmom, you are correct about James Arness.  Don't forget about Ed Gwenn (Santa, the one and truly only santa clause, without a beard in this one), Leonard Nimoy and Fess Parker.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 09:39 »
Anything by Toho Films...purveyors of fine "B" flicks with the likes of Godzilla, Gammera, Mothra, etc.  Who needs Star Wars FX when you can get a guy in a big rubber monster suit (watch close sometimes you can see the zipper).
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

Bard

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2002, 12:20 »
James Arness also started his career playing the monster in "The Thing"...or so I recall

llamamoma

« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2002, 04:47 »
:o ATOMIC TWISTER  :o This Sunday, June 9th at 8pm et on TBS  Sharon Lawrence and Mark-Paul Gosselaar star in this thrilling story about the catastrophic events that occur when one of the deadliest forces on Earth meets one of the most powerful scientific creations. With the plant's cooling system damaged by the storm, meltdown seems imminent. Can a small group of plant operatives work with the dedicated staff of the local police department to avert this extreme disaster? Who will live through this long day of terror?

June 9 at 8:00 pm/et

moodusjack

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2002, 06:14 »
x the unknown, one of my favorite Dean Jagger movies.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2002, 10:03 »
It's not a "mutant" movie but "The Atomic Cafe" is hilarious and sad at the same time.  Excellent documentary on the Cold War.  No narration, you are allowed to draw your own conclusions....and they won't be good.  It is amazing what the government was telling the public about how survivable a 10 megaton fusion weapon is.  All you have to do is...

"Duck and Cover"
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

moodusjack

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2002, 10:41 »
How's about the radiological controls Leo G. Carrol used in "Tarantula".  His special sauce is a deadly radioactive cocktail requiring a glove box, handling tongs and protective clothing.  He is shown as performing almost adequately (this looks like publicity footage from a hot-cell somewhere circa 50's) until he withdraws the syringe.  Doesn't he just point that little devil in the air and squirt his 'mixture' into the air to get rid of the air bubbles.  Didn't want to give Mr. Guinea pig an embolism.  I also recall the "assistant" handing everything without gloves.

Great stuff, eh?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2002, 12:33 »
so leo g. carrol had a Junior?  what's the prob?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2002, 12:34 »
what about "china syndrome" where jack lemmon could feel the pressurizer shaking while he was inside the control room?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

darkson

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2002, 04:09 »
The worst nuclear movie I have seen was the 1971 film Darkstar.  It had very bad nuclear acting and a frozen talking nuclear captain, with nuclear talking bomb, who said "Let there be light" as he exploded in a nuclear fireball over an nuclearly unstable star.

Don't forget the alien who looked like a beachball

RADBASTARD

« Reply #13 on: Jun 10, 2002, 06:03 »
How about the CLASS AT NUKEM HIGH where they have nuclear waste stored in the high school and everbody are freaks the school is next to a nuke plant or THE TOXIC ADVENGER where our hero is created by falling in a flatbed of drums of open nuclear waste.
I watched atomic twister, man what a hp nightmare that was.The plant was hit by a bunch of tornados.I think I saw gilbert and gary make a cameo appearence standing outside in this one to.They said that there was only a foot of water left covering the fuel in the spent fuel pit,so they brought in fireman next to the spf and starting squiting their hoses in the pool to fill it.YEAH with a foot of water covering the fuel!
I wonder what those dose rates were that they told the firemen?
<1,000,000 R/HR ?
Whats the stay time on that anyway? :o ::)
Also they had to walk in the contaiment that had a plate glass window in the side of containment to manually shut down the reactor with 2 little jack in the box cranks. ???With broken pipes of radoactive water shooting out all over them.Where was radcon or better yet deconners to clean up all that water
GOD I LOVE THESE MOVIES ;D some non-nuclear knowing bastards wrote this one.No wonder the public is afraid of nuclear power.

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2002, 06:17 »
Watched Atomic Twister last night, well, only half of it. Got frustrated with bad acting, and VERY unrealistic story line. Seems they only had 4 people running the entire plant with some hair flipping female as the ops shift supervisor. No rad con, no security, no maint. and had to ask the NRC for permission to SCRAM the reactor. I'd had enough and changed channels.

Enquiringkitty

« Reply #15 on: Jun 11, 2002, 12:18 »
I watched "Atomic Twister".  Laughed my A** off.  I really loved the firemen with the hoses too!  And , All of the people just driving in....cops....kids...news reporters...HA!  The guard at the gate and the people in the control room who didn't know there were tornatos in the area.  I was at River Bend when a tornato came close enough to damage the turbin building....Total lock-down took place!
    It is my firm belief that this movie was put together by people who don't want a renewal of nuclear interest.  Their purpose is to get the public in a high state of fear so they will influence the gov not to renew nukes and not to renew construction.  I have been questioned by many people since the movie aired about what would happen if the one near my home were to be hit by a tornato.  I tell them it is just a movie just like "Them" or "thump" (remember that one? Huge rabbits running rampant?).  Then I explain how and why the movie was total fiction.  SAD!

Hobber

« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2002, 08:27 »

I watched atomic twister, man what a hp nightmare that was.  
Also they had to walk in the contaiment to manually shut down the reactor with 2 little jack in the box cranks. ???With broken pipes of radoactive water shooting out all over them.Where was radcon or better yet deconners to clean up all that water

GOD I LOVE THESE MOVIES ;D some non-nuclear knowing bastards wrote this one.No wonder the public is afraid of nuclear power.

RadBastard:  
It couldn't have been much of an HP nightmare,there were NO HPs on the shift  :o  
(BTW :  As I recall from my time in commercial plants, we had more personnel asleep in the Aux building on backshift than they had in the plant ::)
   I LOVED those Jack in the Box shutdown cranks.  That's were even better reactor controls than Admiral Nelson used on the SEAVIEW ;D

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2002, 08:46 »
you know that the film industry decides what the public wants to think. Most people think that submarines have a front window as in the Seaview? :o  I often wonder what the people would think about electricity if they were first introduced to it by the electric chair?  :o

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Jun 11, 2002, 09:38 »
Hobber...Admiral Nelson would never lower himself to operate the controls on the Seaview...That's why the Polish MM named Ski was always on watch.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #19 on: Jun 13, 2002, 07:19 »
Hey HOBBER there were HP'S there you just didn't see them. Because they were in the back room playing cards or like at brunswick with jjordan eating ice cream.
RAINMAN watch the polish crap MMcConnell may come out of the woodwork and protest.Oh yeah that dumbass chief sharky would have been the one who pushed or pulled in and out the fuel rods right after the sea monster attacked him.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Jun 13, 2002, 10:25 »
Radbastard...I stand chastized and am a-shame-ed.  I correct my terminology to "a caucasian of Slavic/Baltic descent".  And now I'm off to have some peroghi's from Our Lady of Perpetual Motion.

moodusjack

« Reply #21 on: Jun 13, 2002, 11:58 »
Speaking of the Seaview, how's about the original movie with Walter Pidgeon and Peter Lory.  Tell me those two weren't playing some split doppleganger of Hyman G (one condescending and brilliant, the other foul tempered and a humorless grind).

Remember which female got over-exposed?  Was it
a)  Joan Crawford
b)  Barbara Eden
c)  Lou-Ella Parsons
d)  Sandy Duncan

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #22 on: Jun 13, 2002, 02:23 »
Barbara Eden...and she could have been exposed a bit more.  (Please excuse my male chauvanist evil twin).

RADBASTARD

« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 2002, 09:47 »
I bet barbara eden would have liked to have held admiral nelsons fuel rod in her hand.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 2002, 10:07 »
Did you ever see the Mcguyver episod where he saved the nuclear plant? They only had 4 people working at that plant also.Freddy kruger [robert england] was the control room operater.The 1 security guard got shot go figure.If their TLD'S turn black they got a lethal dose.The bad guy got sprayed with steam and you guess it,it turned black.He also gets dump in a radwaste tank and the waste starts coming in.He escapes of course.One thing though they did have good placards though.Well our old HP/control room operater/inc tech/mechanic/ friend goes up on top of the contaiment because the coolant system isn't working.He drops the wrench he's like damn what can I use? I got it he takes his gun takes out the chamber.He then he puts it on the valve stem of course it's a perfect fit.He opens the valve and cools the reactor from meltdown. ::) :o no hps in this one either.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?