Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Do I have the job?  

Author Topic: Do I have the job?  (Read 3758 times)

Caesar49BC

Do I have the job?
« on: Jul 01, 2010, 08:59 »
I was hired by a company in there Decon department. I will be trained for instacote and hydrolazing. They did a background, credit, and references check on me. Is this the same as the NRC background check? I will be going out this fall for outages. I am just confused on whether I will be able to work right away when I get to a plant or will I have to go through another background check. Thank you in advance for your answers. I am so glad I found this website. It has answered so much, just from reading the forum.

IPREGEN

Re: Do I have the job?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2010, 09:07 »
Stations will also do a background check, the more you work and have a history of where you have been the faster it will go. Have some reliable contacts that can used as references.

Caesar49BC

« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2010, 09:18 »
Thanks. So I should probably take as much info as I can with me. I passed the companies background checks and everything that goes along with it, so I should be good to go. I just get nervous because I got this job two months ago and I start training at the end of the month. I would hate for anything unforeseen to come up with the strict NRC checks. Ive had too much time on my hands worrying it lol. I can't wait to get out there training and working.

mostlyharmless

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2010, 09:52 »
The work in commercial is seasonal to a degree. The outages start cranking up in the fall. If you are not full time with the company ,full time all year that is, get an outage schedule and some contractor addresses.
Full disclosure is the key. I have seen more than a few folks sent home before the work starts because they left something out on a security questionare.
Good luck and be carefull. Hydrolazers can be very dangerous.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2010, 11:45 »
I was hired by a company in there Decon department. I will be trained for instacote and hydrolazing. They did a background, credit, and references check on me. Is this the same as the NRC background check? I will be going out this fall for outages. I am just confused on whether I will be able to work right away when I get to a plant or will I have to go through another background check. Thank you in advance for your answers. I am so glad I found this website. It has answered so much, just from reading the forum.

It'd be easiest to ask the company that hired you.  They will be able to tell you if you are going to be sitting for a few days waiting for a badge...or if you will have a badge waiting for you and pick up your hydrolazer on the way thru the door. 

They very easily COULD get you a badge off the checks you mentioned have been done...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?