Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear G-M wristwatches

Poll

Would you seriously consider purchasing one ?

Yes, this looks awesome, I just gotta have one!
Yes, if it was under $300
Yes, if less than $200
Yes, if Mike would make sure it was source-checked
No, looks like a toy

Author Topic: Nuclear G-M wristwatches  (Read 7270 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Nuclear G-M wristwatches
« on: Jul 16, 2004, 12:49 »
A couple of years ago these watches were considered for the NukeWorker.com store...now that we have a lot more users, would you consider purchasing one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=294&item=5709624345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Nuclear G-M wristwatches
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2004, 12:59 »
This looks expensive for my tastes! Any idea what cost would be for Nukeworker bulk order?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2004, 01:08 »
please be sure to vote, Roll !

If I recall correctly, if we ordered in quantity the price would be just a shade under $300 per unit. I'm hoping Mike will resurrect some of the numbers...

Wolfen

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2004, 08:30 »
Check the specifications link on E-bay.  The accuracy of this as a dose rate instrument is plus/minus 30%.  As a dosimetry device it is plus/minus 25%.  That makes it a toy from my humble prespective.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2004, 05:58 »
True, it isn't something one would time a S/G jump with...but it would be handy in non-occupational settings, such as seeing your dose rate while on a long airline flight, or other "gee-whiz, I wonder if this thing is radioactive" occasions. Just a thought.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?