Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu where are the new nukes

Author Topic: where are the new nukes  (Read 6717 times)

mungo

where are the new nukes
« on: Jul 11, 2010, 01:38 »
    can anyone tell me please, where new powerplants are being built? i know theres one in TN, maybe GA; i dont know. thanx

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Re: where are the new nukes
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2010, 07:09 »
Try the NRC's website.

Location of projected new power reactors.
http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/new-reactors/col/new-reactor-map.html

Note:  Not all of these reactors have been approved.  These are only the proposed sites.  Click on a specific location to see the status.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2010, 08:02 »
Try the NRC's website.

Location of projected new power reactors.
http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/new-reactors/col/new-reactor-map.html

Note:  Not all of these reactors have been approved.  These are only the proposed sites.  Click on a specific location to see the status.

I don't think any of the new proposed reactors have been approved yet.

NRC approval is a VERY slow process.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

co60slr

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2010, 08:24 »
I don't think any of the new proposed reactors have been approved yet.

NRC approval is a VERY slow process.
A few have early permits:
http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/new-reactors/esp.html

I know Southern/Vogtle is hiring exNavy Nukes already for a long construction process...cold testing, etc.  I haven't heard about the other three.

The daily email updates from NEI provides an adequate "pulse" on what's happening in this arena for those interested.  Part of the issue has been new construction loan guarantees for multi-billion dollar plants and the overall economy.

mungo

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2010, 11:01 »
thanx sovbob for the link; thanx all of you all for the input. years to build... that will put a lot of our brothers and sisters to work.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2010, 10:36 »
thanx sovbob for the link; thanx all of you all for the input. years to build... that will put a lot of our brothers and sisters to work.

More likely our children than our brothers and sisters,
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline AaronBuchanan

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2010, 10:50 »
Hey guys, anyone have the scoop on if the Bellefonte is going to be an AP1000 or 800? It looks like they're applied for a 1000 license, but I thought they were going to an 800 over money issues...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?