Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What's the fleet like being a Nuke?

Author Topic: What's the fleet like being a Nuke?  (Read 19581 times)

banzaitoyota

Re: What's the fleet like being a Nuke?
« Reply #25 on: Jul 01, 2005, 04:53 »
Hmmmm. 1988? The tender in Lamod needed to come to CNSYD for a drydocking. So they announced that the Frank Cable was going there to take her place for a while. Meanwhile when the Cable left, Squadron got Stuck with the 40 + PREGNANT sailors who couldnt deploy. They caused undermanning on the Tender, an administrative burden to the Squadron Staff, and yes it was ~ 400% increase in the "normal" sailor pregnancy rate.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #26 on: Jul 01, 2005, 06:59 »
Toyota,

I am not denying its often convienient for female sailors to get pregnant in order to get out of work/deployment/whatever.

You are missing the point, though, on why a few of us have fired back at you.

It is not because of any of our experiences with females in the nuke program, at least not for me. It is because you attacked the original poster who came here seeking guidance on how she could do better and plan for the fleet. Obviously she is not trying to get out of anything, according to her words.

You just attacked her

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN NUKE SCHOOL WITH A SPOUSE AND A BABY!!!!!!!

Gee, cant wait until you get to the boat and start whining: but my spouse that, but my kid this!"

This is why, no other reason. You don't even know her and you immediately rip her apart. You basically summed up your jaded and irrelevent view in a few rash key strokes.

No one here is denying that abuses do not occur, but this kid is not the enemy.

shovelheadred

« Reply #27 on: Aug 16, 2005, 05:57 »
Being a NUKE, isnt like what you are used to,,,,and it depends if you are a target or a Submariner..myself I was atarget,,a carrier,,,had its good side,,we hit port every 21 days....or so..stayed out 144 days during the Hostage Situation in Iran.......subs have a regular schedule..especially if you are on a BOOMER.......you could draw a ship in the YARD,,or go in the YARD...we did 18 months in NNS...then when you get out a job is usually easy to find...but depending on your rate,,,I was an ELT...once you get to site,,you are usually accused of being an ARROGANT , SELF  CENTERED A**HOLE<<by alot of other Rad con....but depending on your attitude,,you might be,,not all NUKES are arrogant,,, because your training is so intense and Job related,,you are qualified to do more than one job,,,so ,,study your books..do your time at sea,,,and hopefully we will see you on the layoff sheet.......red

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?