Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Hold.....?

Author Topic: Nuke Hold.....?  (Read 6658 times)

Offline seconskin552

• Light User
  • I'm not a doctor. I am only five years old!
Nuke Hold.....?
« on: Jul 14, 2010, 03:59 »
While having a discussion with some recruiters yesterday at my DEP meeting, one of them mentioned that there was a hold on new nukes. Does anyone have more information about this? When did it start?

(This is strictly out of curiosity because I already have a NUC contract.)

Does this mean that we may be getting close to having the proper manning levels?

Thanks and VR,

Secon

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
Re: Nuke Hold.....?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2010, 06:16 »
No! It can't be true! Tell me it's not so!

Seriously, I don't like this news.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2010, 09:03 »
Does this mean that we may be getting close to having the proper manning levels?

Maybe short of cash? ;)

Offline KUrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:42 »
Right now there is a 4-6 month hold between power school and prototype for mechanics (and 2-4 months for ETs and EMs).  I imagine this could have something to do with it.
The first rule of thermodynamics is you don't talk about thermodynamics.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2010, 09:10 »
Right now there is a 4-6 month hold between power school and prototype for mechanics (and 2-4 months for ETs and EMs).  I imagine this could have something to do with it.

That would be nice I think I barely had a month of T-track.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2010, 10:03 »

And also the amount of Instructors is a bit low. There are so many of us here, our T Track room was up to 470 before the 1005 classed up -_-. And being a Mechanic I now have a 3 month wait in t track, 7 weeks left =). (Our class got bumped down)
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2010, 10:32 »
'Guess it beats going to an oiler or a destroyer, almost looks like a ready pool of IA candidates or IA Sailor reliefs,...

And also the amount of Instructors is a bit low. There are so many of us here, our T Track room was up to 470 before the 1005 classed up -_-. And being a Mechanic I now have a 3 month wait in t track, 7 weeks left =). (Our class got bumped down)

Nearly 3 independent infantry companies ;)

Offline jshinevar

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2010, 11:20 »
Enjoy T-Track... it will be the most laid back time you have in the Navy... unless you are lucky enough to ever be augmented during a deployment.

Offline ruffo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2010, 02:22 »
In our dep group of ~18 there are about 8 nukes, almost half.

Offline Golly Orby

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2010, 05:19 »
Hold times have been such a problem that power school graduates have the opportunity to take college classes before attending prototype.  Because of the hold issue, the college office runs seven-week-long accelerated courses made to fit into each hold rotation.

Offline Yaeger

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:07 »
Wow.. big change in the pipeline. Time for college courses now.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2010, 01:38 »
It sounds like the hold students are allowed to take classes, since they're not over employed yet. However, it looks like we're going to have some huge classes in the near future.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?